Also from Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe59287

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Vert-Mach 1 tribute.
Kona Blue/Silver, white top
351C
download

download

Hey guys, been stalking for awhile, finally signed up. Here's the short story...

My mom moved her family to Texas in the early 80's with a 4 year old boy, a husband, and a 73 Fastback. They had to sell it to pay bills, but whenever she saw an old Mustang, she would go on and on about this Mustang they had. Buying my mom a 73 has always kind of been on my bucket list, so when I came across that yellow heap up top on the side of the road, I jumped all over it. It had the engine I wanted (351C), a ragtop (mom's always been a beach bum) and A/C (south Texas aint no joke!) and that's pretty much all I needed to know to write that check.

A little paint, NASA hood, some engine work, rims and tires, some Mach 1 decals and trim, and a ton of TLC and it was ready. I gave it to her on Christmas Day and she about lost her mind. She drives it, fends off offers to buy it at the gas station and puts gas in it. I do everything else which led me here. She still has some bugs, but for a forty year old car that sat for the last 5, I think she's getting around pretty well! You all seem like a really knowledgeable bunch and I am looking forward to hanging out. I've picked up a thing or two about these big bodies as I've gone along and maybe I can even kick in on some conversation!

Anyhow, nice to meet yall, I'll see you around!

Welcome from Houston. So you gave that Mustang to your Mom. Guess you better go find one for yourself now. Better get busy on that!

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Good story. You sound like the son a mom should have. :)

Please remember to post a pin on the member map under "fun stuff" at the top right of the page.

::welcome:: from San Antonio... the board is filling up with Texans! Whereabouts?

Also, is everyone seeing the pictures or is it just me that can't see them?

Cheers!
Galveston County. I couldn't see them on my phone, but my laptop is fine. Meant to comment on your pin thread, but where the hell did you find such a great shot of the ocean in the Texas Hill Country?!

Galveston County. I couldn't see them on my phone, but my laptop is fine. Meant to comment on your pin thread, but where the hell did you find such a great shot of the ocean in the Texas Hill Country?!
Isn't photo shop a great thing?! Compliments of Jim on this site.

JHawk

Back