This Electric 1968 Ford Mustang Kicks Out a Shocking 800 HP!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cool! ::thumb::

EXCEPT FOR:

• 105 minutes charging time
  • 15 minutes just to 'top-off' for another 1/4 mile pass
  • 50 miles driving range
  • 520 lbs of batteries needed to extend to 150 miles of driving range
  • that many batteries takes up a lot of space
  • no "muscle car" sounds or smells

I don't hate the idea of electric cars - I think it's a great idea, as long as:

• it's not mandatory
  • it's inexpensive
  • the technology is better developed
  • the support infrastructure is in-place
  • it's inexpensive to maintain

By "inexpensive" I mean, "comparable to our current gas-powered vehicles."

By "Technology better developed," I mean that it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to fully recharge, driving range is comparable to current gas-powered cars, the batteries don't make up half of the car, the batteries last more than 5 years, and they are recyclable.

Electric cars won't be ready for the consumer market until they meet those minimum standards. Until then, with the exception of awesome stand-outs like this one, they'll always be no more than expensive golf carts to me.

When you consider all the advances in the last 50 years it is amazing that we have not increased the range of electric cars from 100 years ago. Our Detroit Electrics were sold with a 100 mile range and a record was set in 1914 of 241 miles on a single charge. OK, the top speed on these were 25 to 30 MPH and the record was set with an average speed of 12 mph but still..... Here is our 1922 Detroit model 90

nodjck.jpg

electric will just get better, with the invention of graphene batteries thing will really change.

these new batteries will charge like a capacitor and have the Milli-amperage of a battery

Back