Where to start?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I went and got my 73 vert out of storage to start doing a few little things so I can drive to local cruise ins. The car shows 48,000 and is very solid with not rust in the floors even tail light panel does not need changing.

The speedo did not work so I will check for drive connection on that.

The tachometer does not work and the previous owner just put an MSD dist and box on the car. I suspect this might be the issue but have never worked with one of these. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The gas gage worked and it has the center gages and the temp worked but no oil pressure showing, will check the sending unit and the alternator gage is gone I think. The car has a new alternator on it also.

This was an H code car and he had changed to Holley 4 V not pulled the breather to see which one and an aluminum intake.

It looks like big thunderstorm coming so I am staying inside for a while.

Thanks for any suggestions,

David

I'm sure smarter people than me know the truth! However I do know that our cars tach was wired through the ignition. So you will need to order the adapter as stated HOWEVER .....if you get the wrong sales person they could easily send you the wrong adapter like they did ME! So order the 10 not the 20. The 20 WILL NOT WORK....hooks up fine...not one bit of action though which cost me 2 whole weekends thinking "I" did something wrong when in fact the "customer service" person sent me the wrong one.

Oil reading could be due to worn or incorrect oil pressure sending unit. (or loose wire) Alt gauge will normally barely come off the center.

Thanks for all the info. There was a box in trunk with papers for the MSD it looks like a 6 series ignition, billet distributor and not sure what coil. Rain is never going to stop here and they say we are still in a drought. At least the pollen is getting washed away. Well off to see the grand kids today.

David

Back