"arguably" Fastest Ford Mustang Mach 1 in the world as a PDRA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
First car Terry owned was a red and black mach 1:)

Terry Leggett was there when the Pro Modified movement started. However, the Pinetown, North Carolina-based logger's name gets lost in the shuffle of the legends roll call. Those who remember those historic first days remember his colorful classic Thunderbirds carrying the "Looking Back" nickname.

Leggett's Thunderbird was part of the memorable "world's fastest" group along with Charles Carpenter, Robbie Vandergriff and Norm Wizner just to name a few.

Leggett later tried his hand at mountain motor Pro Stock and eventually returned to his home of racing quick and fast outlaw doorslammers.

Leggett still plies his trade of racing fast doorslammers with arguably the quickest and fastest Ford Mustang Mach 1 in the world as a PDRA Pro Extreme racer. And as Leggett has done so well, he looks back, and races the same kind of car he drove as a teenager in eastern North Carolina.

mach1dragster.jpg

Well I for one note that he has an incorrect spoiler on it, the front valance is incorrect, incorrect hood and the doors are missing the correct vintage handles.......
Aww comon RPM you can do better than that, what about the rims and no mirrors? " plus that hood strip looks a bit short" and don't think Ford put a factory hole in the window or the wheelie bars either .hehe ;)

Great beast thou, and cool he went back to his roots as a teen for his new mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
hyena...I got to admit they were on my list but I had to give you guys a shot too. I personally wanted cred for the stripes too cuz after looking at DonStangs ride with etch-a-sketch measures all OVER that puppy I knew he would be remis if I took that score.

Back