Biggest Car Pet Peeves

Mister 4x4

Yes there's a lot of experts out there. Like the guy who told me he had a car just like mine except it was a Mach2 and of course it was a big block.

Mach 2... haha. Some people are just too jealous. Why can't they just accept the fact that yes they are cool cars, and no they don't have one.

I can't deal with snobby people.. I treat you with respect, and I deserve the same. If I like someones car I am not embarrassed to say it. I would never tell someone that their model was not as good as a another.. Never mind make something up because I can't deal with the facts.

However, I do not know the person who said that.. There is always the possibility that they were a misinformed buyer who really do think they have a Mack 2 :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mach 2....that's a new one, I don't think I've ever heard that before. Although, there was a woman at a boat drag race that I was at, who saw the car and boat combination on the highway earlier that morning as I was driving in. She told me I should consider taking the number 1 off the Mach 1 emblems, and replace it with an "O", because the combination looked so "MACHO" to her. I did get a kick out of that.

She told me I should consider taking the number 1 off the Mach 1 emblems, and replace it with an "O", because the combination looked so "MACHO" to her. I did get a kick out of that.

Actually "Mach1" is one step above "MachO" :D

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

He he, that'll bring us all one step closer to the village people!

Damn, I can't get that song out of my head now...

.....thanks JIM! :dodgy: NOW I have it too.:( :D

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Oh crap now you got me singing that stupid song.

Yes there's a lot of experts out there. Like the guy who told me he had a car just like mine except it was a Mach2 and of course it was a big block.

Mach 2... haha. Some people are just too jealous. Why can't they just accept the fact that yes they are cool cars, and no they don't have one.

I can't deal with snobby people.. I treat you with respect, and I deserve the same. If I like someones car I am not embarrassed to say it. I would never tell someone that their model was not as good as a another.. Never mind make something up because I can't deal with the facts.

However, I do not know the person who said that.. There is always the possibility that they were a misinformed buyer who really do think they have a Mack 2 :rolleyes:

LOL you know the type one to many beers and balls the size of beach balls after all of that Budwiser. "Mine looked just like that only mine was a Mach2 and I had a Big block with dual Quads and headers."

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

O.K., this is something I complain about all the time now,....and It's not just Mustang specific. My '71 is stock, stock tires, stock height. In today's world, ( at least here in Los Angeles ), the road is being strangled by SUV's of every make, New,huge, pickup trucks, and people with tinted ( read that "blacked-out")windows. It's so bad that I can't see around the car in front of me anymore. it's like driving behind a semi-truck all the time, except for semis don't just stop or change lanes without signaling! Again, my car isn't lowered, it's stock......everything else is just too big to see around, or through. I have to allow 6 car lengths minimum just in case someone decides to stop up ahead, because I can't visually anticipate what's going on ahead of me. i'm sure Corvette owners suffer the same dilemma.

When I'm President, big vehicles and blacked-out window vehicles will be required to only travel in the slow lane, so us "regular" cars can travel un-cluttered, out of our way.

• 4 weeks later...

Once, I was in a Jack In The Box, at the drive-up window, in my Mach 1, and the young guy handing me food and change remarked.." Nice car..I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas ". To that I calmly replied.." Nope, surprisingly it burns every drop."

Once, I was in a Jack In The Box, at the drive-up window, in my Mach 1, and the young guy handing me food and change remarked.." Nice car..I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas ". To that I calmly replied.." Nope, surprisingly it burns every drop."

Perfect reply! You should've got a free taco for that one. ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I like when people tell me a 351 cleveland is just a 302 with 351 windsor heads ;) Heard that from a few chevy guys " had to correct" lol

But if they are selling a Mustang, then every 302 is a Boss! I always did have a desire to own a rare Boss 302 2v.

Yup, blacked out rear windowed suvs. I have a black excursion with factory tinted windows that are dark but not blacked out.

I drove by the same spot on I-95 everyday for 5 years!!! A DPS TROOPER sat in that same spot for nearly 5 years. Everyday I drove by in my Expedition with the factory tint windows. HE or THEY NEVER stopped me.

We are moving back to Texas. My wife is pulling the 12 ft. trailer behind the Expy. SHE gets pulled over. I see this in the big truck and pull over . THE JACKAZZ is checking her window tint. FOR GAWD SAKE it is a 50 yr old woman and a 10 year old girl and a EFF"N CAT!!! he is ticketing her!!!!! FOR WINDOW TINT! I get out to see what all the excitement is .... and walk back casually and carefully. I pleasantly ask "officer what did she do"...he RESPONDS! "SIR GET BACK TO YOUR VEHICLE this is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!! I responded that is my wife and child we were driving 10 mph under the speed limit I feel I have a right to know ......

WOOO BOY HE CAME UNGLUED!!!!! for the first time I felt "uncomfortable" speaking to a law enforcement officer. After reading some other comments... I now know they are NOT to be trusted.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

http:http:picturesWOOO BOY HE CAME UNGLUED!!!!! for the first time I felt "uncomfortable" speaking to a law enforcement officer. After reading some other comments... I now know they are NOT to be trusted.

I have a story about an encounter with a police officer that had a different ending.......Back in the Eighties, I drove a 1970 Olds 4-4-2 W-30. This car was restored, but the engine went a step further by being not only a ram-air 455, but with many parts and modifications by Olds guru Joe Mondello ( now, the late joe Mondello sorry to say ). The car was unholy powerfull and I also had the turbo 400 auto trans competition shift kitted...it shifted HARD, enough to chirp the tires through every shift. One day, a cop pulled me over for "exhibition of speed" upon hearing me chirp the tires going by him. I explained that the car always does that, even if I feather the pedal, it's the car, not me", further, I said "'cuff me to your bike, or that streetlamp and take it around the block if you think I'm lying to you". Unbelieveably, he did just that, cuffed me to a pole and disappeared down the street grabbing rubber as he went. Minutes later he came back and parked. He appologised to me, took the cuffs off, and let me go with a warning to "drive cool, OK?" We went our different ways, but I'll never forget that officer.

1103322049_442pullingboat.jpg.3e31da2d7815ea11ef0db1cf5323171c.jpg

1655747082_With442Olds.thumb.jpg.13057502c1881584e1874d6e84dbdc86.jpg

Well, speaking of police stories.....

About five weeks ago I was on my regular Sunday drive in the Mustang, just leaving the edge of town when around the bend there's a booze bus (breathalyzer checkpoint) set up in the middle of the road with about five police officers lined up doing the breath tests, an officer directing the cars into the testing lane with a LED wand, plus a couple more miscellaneous officers watching.

I get directed into the breath testing lane and idle up next to the designated testing officer. Next thing I know one of the watching officers starts walking up to my car, and also the officer with the LED directing wand starts walking up to me too.

In my mind I'm thinking "ok here it goes, these blokes are singling me out to get my car checked over for roadworthy compliance..."

The officer with the LED wand leans down to the drivers window and says with enthusiasm "has it got a big block in it??". Somewhat relieved I tell the bloke "no, unfortunately it's about the smallest block you can get, a 302 Windor", to which he replied "well, you've still got got plenty of time to put one in!"

Then the other officer leans down at the passenger side window and says smiling "you know what, when I was a kid my sister had a boyfriend that drove one of these and I thought he was just about the coolest bloke alive, could have been a real d*ckhead for all I know now, but back then I thought he was just so cool !". I chuckled and mumbled back something like "yeah, well I've been known to be a bit of a d*ckhead every now and again too....."

So I idled off out of that checkpoint with a smile on my face, and even got a wave from the young lady officer as I passed her by further down the testing line...

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

My Mach1 was certainly not a bench for holding other people's belongings theyd find it nicely placed on the ground if they couldn't have the decency to think the rear window would beat the hood or sail panels paint job

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

http:http:picturesWOOO BOY HE CAME UNGLUED!!!!! for the first time I felt "uncomfortable" speaking to a law enforcement officer. After reading some other comments... I now know they are NOT to be trusted.

I have a story about an encounter with a police officer that had a different ending.......Back in the Eighties, I drove a 1970 Olds 4-4-2 W-30. This car was restored, but the engine went a step further by being not only a ram-air 455, but with many parts and modifications by Olds guru Joe Mondello ( now, the late joe Mondello sorry to say ). The car was unholy powerfull and I also had the turbo 400 auto trans competition shift kitted...it shifted HARD, enough to chirp the tires through every shift. One day, a cop pulled me over for "exhibition of speed" upon hearing me chirp the tires going by him. I explained that the car always does that, even if I feather the pedal, it's the car, not me", further, I said "'cuff me to your bike, or that streetlamp and take it around the block if you think I'm lying to you". Unbelieveably, he did just that, cuffed me to a pole and disappeared down the street grabbing rubber as he went. Minutes later he came back and parked. He appologised to me, took the cuffs off, and let me go with a warning to "drive cool, OK?" We went our different ways, but I'll never forget that officer.

I don't know...looking at the pics I'd say it might have been the acid wash jeans! :D

I don't know...looking at the pics I'd say it might have been the acid wash jeans! :D

Hmmm, interesting take on the photo...most people tend to give me shit about my hair!

Wow that is so Amaizing story![emoji41] Big differing off what an officer whould ask Mee[emoji19] There was an Big Car show last weekend!,.. Whit an Racetrack as people came there whit there Cars on there trailers and starting too take them off they all got an control off there Racing Cars!![emoji35] Because they said that there was aloud people into watching the Race!, so the police was hard to those who did start up there Race cars out side the Race track! My friends who did pul there Cars into the Racetrack didn't have! But it's sad that they was so hard on there Control! People was so frustrating over that way the police did tarting them... When it should have bind so grate an phony it became the something alls .... Regards Lars DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Flatback 72! You'll have to excuse me....I've been laughing for the last five minutes....I just realized that the face on the guy in your avatar is Alfred E. Newman. I guess I hadn't looked close. Funny!

Hmmm, interesting take on the photo...most people tend to give me shit about my hair!

Well, given my wardrobe and style thru the years, I don't have any right to hassle people about how they look in old photos, but then again, it also makes it okay!

Besides, in old pics, nothing is cooler than the cars!

WOOO BOY HE CAME UNGLUED!!!!! for the first time I felt "uncomfortable" speaking to a law enforcement officer. After reading some other comments... I now know they are NOT to be trusted.

There are nearly 1.5 million policemen in the US. They are all untrustworthy because ONE gave your wife a citation? A ticket? OK...that makes perfect sense.

You'd be surprised how quickly "what's going on here, officer" can escalate into a full-blown argument between a cop, a guy, his 50-year old wife, 10 year old daughter, and a cat on the side of the road. Maybe he could have spoken to you better, but maybe you could've handled it better on your end too. Walk a mile in his boots my friend...

There are nearly 1.5 million policemen in the US. They are all untrustworthy because ONE gave your wife a citation? A ticket? OK...that makes perfect sense.

You'd be surprised how quickly "what's going on here, officer" can escalate into a full-blown argument between a cop, a guy, his 50-year old wife, 10 year old daughter, and a cat on the side of the road. Maybe he could have spoken to you better, but maybe you could've handled it better on your end too. Walk a mile in his boots my friend...

Joe, I couldn't agree more! See Don65, I told you others might find RPM's post offensive.