1973 Mustang crash at Targa Tasmania

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sprint Sportsroof
Just found this on Youtube - dash cam of a 73 Mustang coming around a corner and stacking into a 1965 Mustang GT350 at the 2011 Targa Tasmania :(

I've been following the build video's that this bloke had been putting up on Youtube - sad to see it end like this. Car looks repairable though:

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad!

I remember watching the videos how they built the car.

But that happens when you race those things. Friends of mine race 65-66 coupes in classic races and they order bumpers and fenders by the dozen. Those cars don't look neat from up close. Race cars usually don't.

I'd like to have seen the damage on the gt350 though, as you can see in the video that they lifted it up with their 73.

Neat car I like how it is set up! But too bad the other driver the other driver has more money than brains!!:huh:

But I feel his pain this is a couple of pics of the first real nice Mach I ever owned, I owned this for 7 years from 93 to 00 It was a Q-code 4-speed W/air and 1 of 138 W/colors.

A young girl was sitting at a green light with her car in park at around 7 in the AM and I was still half asleep and did not realize she was not moving when I panicked and hit the brakes I quickly found out I had a rear wheel brake cylinder leaking it had soaked the brake shoe and subsequently caused me to power slide right into the left rear corner of her car, Needless to say I got the ticket for failure to maintain control.

scan0002-2.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't see it but that brought a tear to my eye.............That sucks!!!
Man, I feel your pain. I cried watching the father, son and grandson video on youtube when they first started that build. I've been watching the build from when they towed it home to the first race. Never saw this till now. Man this suck real bad. I'm just glad they where in a full metal jacket and not a tin can and lost a leg or worse. Glad they're alright and able to walk away and do the rebuild.

Back