Say hello to the new guy...

glennschmidt

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all my fellow 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts, my name is Glenn (aka Ghost). Although I am new to this site I am not new to Mustangs. I was raised a Ford guy; my dad had Mustangs (66 and 68 GTs) when I was a kid. Naturally my first car back in 76 was a Ford, a 69 Mach 1. Throughout High School and college my brother and I spent most of our free time working on and modifying our cars, he had a 73 Mach 1. Upon graduating college I was Commissioned in the Air Force and spent the next 28 years serving our country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s). During my years of service I was, for the most part, out of the collector car business; I sold my Mach 1 shortly after entering the Air Force.

When I retired from the Air Force in 2010 I purchased a 70 Mach 1 and jumped back into the classic Mustang world. Since that time I have also acquired a 72 Lincoln Mark IV and, recently, a 71 Boss 351. My wife is convinced I have a problem and need to attend AA (Automobile Anonymous); although she loves the classic cars but won't admit that fact (so who has the problem!?!?). The 71 Boss 351 is a project car and that is what brought me to this site; I need parts and information. I am also on the Boss 302 registry site which has a section dedicated to the Boss 351.

I look forward to communicating and collaborating with all of you; sharing information and supporting our hobby and the cars we cherish.

Glenn

71mustangfrontside2.jpg.6c43777dc1f28f171cfe247ecd2671cf.jpg

71mustangside.jpg.1764a8f07a9ad491cb8d580915cae208.jpg

1523173956_kirkuk139.thumb.jpg.2ad93d322e2a9999059b0a64e6e8f43f.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hello to the new guy!!" :)

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe. This site is like AA, so you're in good company.

Please post a pin on our member map. It's under "Fun Stuff" at the top right of the page.

And you can't tell us you have a Boss351 and not show pics. :D

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great introduction. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your Mustangs.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all my fellow 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts, my name is Glenn (aka Ghost). Although I am new to this site I am not new to Mustangs. I was raised a Ford guy; my dad had Mustangs (66 and 68 GTs) when I was a kid. Naturally my first car back in 76 was a Ford, a 69 Mach 1. Throughout High School and college my brother and I spent most of our free time working on and modifying our cars, he had a 73 Mach 1. Upon graduating college I was Commissioned in the Air Force and spent the next 28 years serving our country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s). During my years of service I was, for the most part, out of the collector car business; I sold my Mach 1 shortly after entering the Air Force.

When I retired from the Air Force in 2010 I purchased a 70 Mach 1 and jumped back into the classic Mustang world. Since that time I have also acquired a 72 Lincoln Mark IV and, recently, a 71 Boss 351. My wife is convinced I have a problem and need to attend AA (Automobile Anonymous); although she loves the classic cars but won't admit that fact (so who has the problem!?!?). The 71 Boss 351 is a project car and that is what brought me to this site; I need parts and information. I am also on the Boss 302 registry site which has a section dedicated to the Boss 351.

I look forward to communicating and collaborating with all of you; sharing information and supporting our hobby and the cars we cherish.

Glenn

Welcome from the Gulf Coast. Glad you joined us. ::welcome::

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Welcome from FL. Thank you for your service!

'72 Mach 1, 351 4v CJ, Ram Air, C6, 3:50 Trak Lock, a/c, ps, pw, pb, frt disc, Wimbledon White w/Vermillion int.

Welcome to the group. Ask questions and I am sure you will get some answers. Parts are out there but they are getting expensive.

Thanks for your service.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Rhode Island.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Hello from Mississippi. Appreciate your giving 28 years of your life to our country. There are active and retired Military and all year Mustang lovers on this site. So not only can you talk about your Boss 351, you can even mention the 70 Mach 1 and not worry about being banned! Welcome aboard and let us hear more about your Mustangs.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Glenn

::welcome:: From 'Ground Zero'! Another Air Force Vet, though not even a miniscule a position w/in only the 4 years I was in that took me up to an E-4 in duty from Wiesbaden Air Base, Germany and Duluth IAP, MN of AFCS to ADCOM commands, both do not exist these days. Got a lot of photos on my photo album (over 300) from acquisition to tear down and rebuild which since 2003 been more of a hobby of seeing what I can next modify over all of these years. LOL! One photo you will find under a category in ez Gallery you can appreciate.(under an image of a light lime green latter 60's De Tomaso 'Mangusta'- interview of an SR-71 Black Bird Pilot. ::beer::::beer::::beer::I know you must have spent one time or another in a 'Ghasthaus' over in Germany. Though my days of wein and bier has expired, I found one of the oldest breweries in Pennsylvania holds the same great quality as over there. (Yuengling Beer) Mikke
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Glenn,

First, thank you for your service to our country. Welcome from Houston, TX.

I guess it goes without saying that you actually know what it's like to go mach 1+!

Please post some pictures soon.

Hello glennschmidt,

Welcome from Wake Forest, NC. I appreciate your 28 years service in the Air Force protecting our freedoms and country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s).

F-16 Super Hornet - Kick Butt of the U.S Air Force - Yea Baby

1zzmj3o.jpg

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Nice to see another Bos 351 owner on here.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Wow if that's a project car what could you possibly have to work on. Looks finished to me. Very nice love the color.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank