Rear Window Defroster Switch

Does anybody make reproductions of these? The shaft is snapped off on mine and I haven't been able to find a source for a replacement. Ebay has all sorts of convertible top switches (which have the same bezels), but they got nada for defroster switches.

I don't even know what it's supposed to actually look like with the knobber actually intact. I did test the LED when I was working on my dashboard, and it lights up, so at least that much is good.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Eric

I could be wrong but I was told that, the rear defroster switch and convertible top were one and the same...

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

I found a switch at a swap meet...the switch itself didn't work but I took apart my switch with the broken knob that worked and swapped out the knob from the other switch....worked well and only cost 5 bucks. And now I see they are reproducing the switches....lol.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

I found a switch at a swap meet...the switch itself didn't work but I took apart my switch with the broken knob that worked and swapped out the knob from the other switch....worked well and only cost 5 bucks. And now I see they are reproducing the switches....lol.

Post a link to the reproduction please.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

On the rear defroster subject. Anyone have a working relay for the rear defroster? My switch and wiring are good, but back in 1999 my relay shorted out and the window overheated. I saw the smoke starting to roll up from behind the sail panel on the drivers side and immediatly disconnected the fuse. Problem is that when I went to pull in the driveway immediatly after that the body twisted and the back windshield exploded. I was pretty mad as that was the original glass. I was able to find what I was told to be one of the last NOS carlite defroster back glass around. Paid good money for the glass in 99 and have not really driven the car since then.

Don @ OMS: Do you know if the cougar relay would also work in the mustang?

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)