Rear Window Defroster Switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Does anybody make reproductions of these? The shaft is snapped off on mine and I haven't been able to find a source for a replacement. Ebay has all sorts of convertible top switches (which have the same bezels), but they got nada for defroster switches.

I don't even know what it's supposed to actually look like with the knobber actually intact. I did test the LED when I was working on my dashboard, and it lights up, so at least that much is good.

They are not the same internally

Same housing and knob looks the same.

I have several but all have broken knobs

Don

I found a switch at a swap meet...the switch itself didn't work but I took apart my switch with the broken knob that worked and swapped out the knob from the other switch....worked well and only cost 5 bucks. And now I see they are reproducing the switches....lol.

I found a switch at a swap meet...the switch itself didn't work but I took apart my switch with the broken knob that worked and swapped out the knob from the other switch....worked well and only cost 5 bucks. And now I see they are reproducing the switches....lol.
Post a link to the reproduction please.

Well, if that's the case, then I should be able to get a 'vert top switch and swap the knob portion with my defroster switch then. Sweet!

Item #D1ZZ-15668

71-73 CONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCH ASSEMBLY

Includes correct plastic knob and die cast chrome nut. Made exactly like originals. Price: $52.95

On the rear defroster subject. Anyone have a working relay for the rear defroster? My switch and wiring are good, but back in 1999 my relay shorted out and the window overheated. I saw the smoke starting to roll up from behind the sail panel on the drivers side and immediatly disconnected the fuse. Problem is that when I went to pull in the driveway immediatly after that the body twisted and the back windshield exploded. I was pretty mad as that was the original glass. I was able to find what I was told to be one of the last NOS carlite defroster back glass around. Paid good money for the glass in 99 and have not really driven the car since then.

Don @ OMS: Do you know if the cougar relay would also work in the mustang?

Back