Aussie 4dr project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
So here is my newest distraction I got while on a holiday in Tasmania about 80% finished with some nice parts. Its a Aussie Holden sedan so most of you guys may find it a bit weird looking at various GM styling ques grafted to a 4dr a world away. As it stands now its a 249@50 solid flat tappet cammed 454/468 with pocket ported heads, comp roller rocker manely valves, eagle hbeam rods steel crank, a old torker manifold and a 850 holley. Nothing exotic just a basic and reliable built. I am tipping 520-540hp and similar tq in truth it needs better heads and manifold and possibly more carb.

Shift kitted th400, sheet metal disc brake 9in with Yukon centre 3.5 gears and 31 spline billet axles a 4in tail shaft and billet strange yoke etc 3inch pipes and some headers

5vvy95.jpg
[/img]

291niwo.jpg
[/img]

zx5kpt.jpg
[/img]

id61jt.jpg

o7udfr.jpg
[/img]

I also put in some tubular a arms and tubular adjustable rear upper rear arms and tube lower trailing arms so I can get a better pinion angle when I go to the track. A double diaphragm boost and inch master cylinder.

2zr1539.jpg
[/img]

2mzw8yh.jpg
[/img]

2wq4sxt.jpg
[/img]

2eq748l.jpg
[/img]

2s0xsuv.jpg
[/img]

andnw9.jpg
[/img]

20150222_172052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke! How many frikkin cars have you got now! About 20! He he

Is that a Hj? Hz?

That's a bloody monster...

Looks a little weird without fat rubber on the back.

Take the scoop off and it'll be the worlds greatest sleeper.

Enjoy...

HZ Kingswood sl started as a sleeper couldn't help it things had to be changed. Diff is about 4inches shorter than stock so the rubber will follow in the next 2 weeks or so. Should be a genuine mid to low 11second street car all day every day

Oh and Jim stop counting mate i only have 1 car.

Convo's will look nice....
I will post a photo chop of convo's they look tasty but I want the badass car i wish i had at 17 and that means satin centrelines. I also have one with 17in rallye wheels that's kind cool.

Funny how 500hp would of made me a king in the early 90s now its a starting point for every dude with a Ls engine:(

It's just gotten too easy to make 500 HP. My DD from 1976 trapped at 108 +. It felt like something back then. Now that will get sand kicked in your face.

A single tubo would wake up a BBC.

Yeh it would wake me up that's for sure. We have some stupid rules here around modified cars so no forced induction on big blocks in these cars anymore and I am close to max cubes too. Better heads, more cam and bump the comp from 10.7 to 11.5 and it will scream and as far as cubes go well 500+ci looks much the same on the outside as 454 cubes so there is room to grow

I need to take some photos of some mates cars for you guys my best friend from school owns an engine shop just finished a 572 ci 68 camaro ran out of carb at 800hp now waiting on a sheet metal intake and a set of pro systems carbs he also has a 750ish stick shifted SBC in a eh ute and a 120ci shovel head that makes Near 200hp another friend has a 1000hp blown Sbc in a ek panel van and another has a vf valiant hardtop that makes high 700s all street driven so my kingswood is the baby of the bunch lol should be down there in a few weeks will take pics

Other wheels

10qe0wz.jpg
[/img]

2mfm6pu.jpg
[/img]

and for the overseas members here are examples of the Aussie cars in mentioned

this is a eh ute

2nbdno2.jpg
[/img]

ek panel van except the blown one has a small roof chop

2lmkih5.jpg
[/img]

Vf Valiant will look very familiar to you guys state side

2q20c4o.jpg
[/img]

there is also a HZ sandman with a LS3 and 6 speed

ay82lh.jpg
[/img]

and before anyone cries BS they built this famous Aussie show car. Its a small country population wise and we all know somebody who is somebody in the car scene :D

16isayp.jpg
[/img]

110j53s.jpg
[/img]

s67prl.jpg
[/img]

Well the Kingswood is about 2 weeks off being finished.

Here are a list of things that didn't work.

Chinese master cylinders in the rubbish bin,timing from the piston was so far off it would squirt fluid back in to the master cylinder, unbelievable should of videoed it. Junk replaced with a stock GM unit

The guy that flared all the brake lines from the master cylinder needs a lesson on the flaring tool. Every joint leaked and sucked air. All new lines fabbed no leaks.

This is my personal favourite the 2 thermo fans of a falcon (good fans to use) wouldn't fit behind the radiator so they mounted them in front but then wired them to run in reverse :huh: so they still pushed air the wrong way.

No trans cooler bracket just sat on the front valance.

No crush sleeves in any of the bushes on the chassis mounts for control arms,Lucky I swapped to adjustable top and bottom control arms and picked this up.

All new ball joints and chassis mounts

It had some fold down DVD player on the ceiling. It was held in by 2 1/8 self tappers. Deadly and now gone. The car was full of good car audio but I have binned the lot it was so appallingly wired pulled the amps subs everything but the head unit never to return. I am not a stereo type bloke so it will be a very basic set up now.

The same bloke must of wired the GTS dash because nothing works. It is now at the auto sparks because all wiring and electrics is a mystery to me and this stuff looked like it was wired by 3yr old kids I have honestly binned a good 10-13kg of scary scary wiring

Should have new centreline auto drags in the next week or so and I need a new interior so I am going full 70s with a new Plaid HZ GTS interior.

w0n6km.jpg
[/img]

The joys of unfinished projects by people you don't know. The good news is I still couldn't of come close to building what I have with out having about $8000-10000 more aussie pasos in it so so far I am still happy.

Nice build - I like the look - your car reminds me of an Mercedes-Benz S-Klasse W116 front end with a Jaguar back ::thumb::

You Aussies have a bunch of nice cars I have never seen before - cool!
Tim this is why I started the other thread. I never seen the Jag thing until Sicndhed said it and you see but I bet most Aussies dont

Luke, I bet RARE SPARES loves you!
Rare Spares not so much, have been a bit of a tight arse and spent a lot of time reconditioning old parts, ball joints, fans, suspension bits etc any of the mechanical stuff I get for trade rates. The interior will make my bum pucker to the tune of about 4000 but. These things cost money and I am in to deep to stop now

Back