1971 Mercury Montego Sportshauler

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting. There are no front end shots on that website, I wonder why.

The black one doesnt look half bad!
You know, only reason i can think why they did not was cause they was showing off the redesigned rear end. I'm sure the front end looks like a regular Montego " but would of been nice to see the full package" but i think the promo people was tring to show off the work they did to raise funds and such , I think it is neat, but i can see why it failed " talk about a super small market" I would love to own it thou..lol

Kinda cool but a Ranchero would do the same a whole lot easier. Oh and I still want one of those Banana Splits 6 wheeler things.
But in a Ranchero " the moon buggy would be exposed to the elements unless you put a ugly camper on it... Plus i bet this would get better rear traction than a Ranch ;) But that being said...Ranch is the reason this did not take off " unless moon buggy got soooo popular you had to make a custom car just for it" but that did not happen. lol Not many was going to buy a car that was made for a 6 wheeler, and not much else. lol Ranchero was a little more versitle, but got replaced fast by little trucks.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7347/16268556969_7ef1c7b212_b.jpg 71 rancher with camper...ewwww ..give me the montago please! lol call me crazy..but i think it looks good with the fast back..like a mix of muscle cars of the time.

Banana splitts! Nooooo that is a Space:1999 buggy ;) hehehe jk

Last edited by a moderator:
:D just say no to camper tops. Who knew space buggys where susceptible to the elements :p

I agree with what you say it does look cooler and the fast back thing is great but just on practicality of concept not so great. As you say it would still be cool to own.

Back