Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafajr1966

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 429 CJ Built C4 9" Posi
Hello everyone and good morning from Southern Cali! I am a new user to your site as I recently acquired a 73 rag which is under construction. I purchased it from my uncle whom is a big Ford fan (as am I) and he built this car basically as a Frankenstein car. He saved this beautiful creature from being crushed several years ago and he built it back to where it is today with parts he had acquired over the many years (30+) of restoring Mustangs. It was just a rolling chassis and he dropped in a 429 CJ DIVE-AA he picked up on Craigslist (of all places) from some joker who did not know what he had, also had a C4 he had laying around built (Ford tough! ;-)) for the engine and also a 9" posi with 2:70 gears as he had planned for this to be a cruiser. He was reluctant to let her go but after working my charm I talked him into letting me finish her up, as he has several other ongoing projects. I've owned a couple other Mustangs in the past which include my first car a 66 k code coupe, a 72 convertible which was passed to me by my father and which I in turn sold to my best friend who still has is today, and my last was a 2007 Shelby GT500. It's been many years since I've owned a good ole car and I am very happy to be back in the community! Thank you all and I look forward to sharing some stories and having some questions answered and seeing some sweet rides!

0416151353d.jpg

0421151424.jpg

0402151636.jpg

ATT_1430408646178_0429151745.jpg

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe. Please remember to post a pin on the member map under "fun stuff" at the top right of the page.

Somehow I really dig the look of the car in the first pic. Completely unfinished but with top notch rims on it.

We have another member from Anaheim on here.

::welcome:: from San Antonio. I can't wait to see this one progress. I also see another 'vert in the background, is that your friend's car you referred to or someone elses? In either event invite them (both?) to become members here as well. We have lot's of room for more car owners and stories to tell!

Cheers!

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe. Please remember to post a pin on the member map under "fun stuff" at the top right of the page.

Somehow I really dig the look of the car in the first pic. Completely unfinished but with top notch rims on it.

We have another member from Anaheim on here.
Thank you for your comment! I actually love driving her around like that as I get so many looks and thumbs up! ?

Another ::welcome:: from SoCal! San Diego to be exact, there are a few of us on the site down here! This is a great place and we love pictures, that is a sweet convertible!

::welcome:: from San Antonio. I can't wait to see this one progress. I also see another 'vert in the background, is that your friend's car you referred to or someone elses? In either event invite them (both?) to become members here as well. We have lot's of room for more car owners and stories to tell!

Cheers!
Yes thats the 72' I let go many years ago but luckily it has been in great hands...

Another ::welcome:: from SoCal! San Diego to be exact, there are a few of us on the site down here! This is a great place and we love pictures, that is a sweet convertible!
Thanks! is there a club or group for us 7173 guys in socal? My buddy has that 72' rag and his cousin also has a 71' mach 1.. 71 72 73 ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back