New Book

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Grande
Got this book called "Ford 351 Cleveland Engines" by George Reid.

Sometimes when you get a book that promises to teach you how to

improve your engine you get hornswoggled. This book seems to be

dead on and I can corroborate with the author on several issues, this

guy knows what he is talking about. Sometimes his advice creates

more questions than answers and has prompted me to do more

research. We have no plans to make any changes to my engine but

the book is a good read. He seems to be a big MSD fan and at one

point mentions using "Evans" coolant as it never needs replacing.

Never heard of it.

mike

Evans has been around for a few years. No water, no rust or aluminum corrosion, no electrolysis, high boiling point. However requires flushing with their flush and is pricey, but is supposed to never need changed. I'm seriously considering it for the next time I drain my existing coolant.

http://www.evanscooling.com/

I'm thinking of getting this book but I'm curious if anybody used it to actually gain some performance? Does it include a lot of stand alone tips or is it one big build?

Hi

I have it, I Think its good. There are som examples on builds using different Components to get some serious Power.

Chapter 11: Power Builds .....................................................128

400 Horsepower ......................................................................128

MCE Engines

TMeyer, Inc.

500 Horsepower ......................................................................132

Trick Flow Specialties

Horsepower Monster 400.......................................................134

Jeff Huneycutt

600 Horsepower ......................................................................136

JGM Performance Engineering

400 Proof Positive ...................................................................139

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have it, I Think its good. There are som examples on builds using different Components to get some serious Power.
How many of those are stock stroke? So many are strokers these days.

I have this book also and reckon it is pretty good compared to other books out there. Lots of info on the various options and performance tricks etc.

Well worth it and for me cheaper to buy from the book depository than amazon or CJP.

Back