mayweather pacquiao

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pacquiao made an estimated $100 million last night (40% of the pot), hard to call him a loser. At 38 and now a 48-0 record Mayweather is finally talking about calling it quits. It was 12 rounds of exchanging punches with Mayweather landing more. The years of build up and hype of this fight brought in the big bucks, the public won't buy it again.

I am quite happy with my decision. I didnt waste good money on somebody else!!! I stayed home and saved the 90.00. Everybody said it was boring. Like you said Jim, the public wont buy it again. Is my opinion, consistency is true again...lot of hype and NOTHING to show for it.

Ya, glad i saved my money too... Honestly, boxing has really took a hit... My gramps was a ex golden gloves champ, and we could not wait too see the big heavyweight fights, but after Mike Tyson,Bowe, and Foreman.. They keep quite about the heavyweights, and try to say it is because they are boring, and American's don't like them, Don't like them? mmmmm back in my day, like it or not, you knew who the heavy champ was all the time..I ask my friends, name a heavy weight champ in the last 15 years? and they go blank..I said do you know it is a Ukrainian with one of the best boxing records? " just behind ali and the greats!! But i never hear about him in boxing or the news, and they say it is because we don't like that he is Ukrainian? Or we don't like fast fights that don't last? When did this change happen? Back when i was watching heavyweights, we loved a fast fight with a big knock out..We hated watching the borning tech fights that just slapped and run around the ring for 10 rounds...ugh.. " mite be some one cup of tea" but we come to see some big blows and a fight!! not a work out.

I think it come down to " big American boxing managers" Just ran out of American heavyweight champs, " due to injury " and figured out they could hype up some lightweights that don't get hurt at much, and turn that into America's new boxing..I cannot watch heavy weight boxing even if i wanted too " unless i paid big bucks" back in the day, atleast i could watch heavyweight reruns and low contender heavy weight fights, they all gone...So am i from boxing " unless they start to change and bring back some heavy hitters!!"

BTW just my opinion, so if you love lightweight fights " which i do some of them " don't take offense;)..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh a fast fight is better to watch regardless of weight division. Klitschko is a bruiser and so is his brother great to watch. I think some of the focus shifted with all the interest in cage fighting and MMAs faster brawling type action. OH and it was suggested to me somewhat outrageously that boxing maybe corrupt :dodgy:

yeah Luke dont believe what you hear about boxing being corrupt...those people are just repeating what they hear everybody else say...... :-/ after the Hollyfield / Ear Biter contest I was DONE. Don King ruined the sport.

This is how I know MMA is not corrupt. These gentlemen would have no interest in participating in such numbers if it was a rigged affair:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the last boxing match I ever watched was the last time George Foreman stepped in the ring in the mid/late '90s. It was also a PPV event and I remember being really underwhelmed. Haven't watched one since.

Waste of time and money, for all the hype building up to the actual event - then it turns into something everybody was hoping it wouldn't be. Too short: didn't get money's worth. Fight stopped by decision without a knock out (TKO or not): didn't get money's worth. Called due to controversy: didn't get money's worth. Hug-fest ending with decision: didn't get money's worth.

Let's be honest: People want to see a slug-fest with some blood-letting like the fights in the Rocky movies.

Back