Ford Racing 306 Crate Engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Did anyone get one of the new crate engines from ford? I got one from Summit...picked it up about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting to get it out of the box, my Dad has a 383 Stroker on the crane ready to go into his late model stock car. As soon as it is in, I'm gonna put the crate motor on the stand and start building it when I don't feel like getting dirty with the car! LOL

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11752

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure will! Gotta get a new camera though. My wife dropped the old one in the creek at Ohio Pyle last week! It's pretty much dead! :mad:

So,,,, you're saying she facilitated you getting a new electronic toy,,,,,, Right?

That's right! My old camera was...well, getting old! So now I can upgrade to a new, 12.1 megapixel model without the guilt! LOL

That looks really nice, let us know how it works out.

Speaking of cameras, I finally upgraded from my old camera and got a Canon EOS 7D. It's amazing!

BTW, anyone looking at this engine, keep in mind that you will have to change the oil pan to a front sump pan. This will also make the included dip stick useless, so you will have to get a front sump dip stick. No need to replace the front cover, the included front cover has a freeze plug that can accept a front mounted dip stick. I'm probably going to thread and plug the rear dip stick hole while the oil pan is off. That's what I discovered so far! More to come!!

Sounds like it would have been "better" to get just the short or long block, if that was an option.

That having been said, WELCOME to one of the joys of modifications:)!

The end will DEFINITELY justify it though, based on your stated intended usage!!

Hang in there.

BT

Eh...working on a nice clean engine on a stand is he "Fun" kind of work! LOL

Back