air cleaner decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
This will probably sound a little like I have OCD but, I'm going to ask anyway. Does anyone know if a 1972 351 CJ air cleaner had an Autolite or Motorcraft decal (or no decal) on the base? The catalogs all list Autolite but the Yellow 72 (Lazarus) in Mustang Monthly seems to have a Motorcraft decal. Anyone know about 73 (CJ/4V)?

All info appreciated,

Chuck

This will probably sound a little like I have OCD but, I'm going to ask anyway. Does anyone know if a 1972 351 CJ air cleaner had an Autolite or Motorcraft decal (or no decal) on the base? The catalogs all list Autolite but the Yellow 72 (Lazarus) in Mustang Monthly seems to have a Motorcraft decal. Anyone know about 73 (CJ/4V)?

All info appreciated,

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

If it had one , it should be an Autolite decal.

My original unrestored 351CJ aircleaner has no decal at all , seems that there was never a decal atached to my original aircleaner base.

As i also own a original 1972 351CJ ( Q-code ) and i'm collecting pictures from unrestored one's , i checked my picture collection for 72 Q-code engines "none of them have the decal" .

John

Last edited by a moderator:

All info appreciated,

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

My original unrestored 351CJ aircleaner has no decal at all , seems that there was never a decal atached to my original aircleaner base.

As i also own a original 1972 351CJ ( Q-code ) and i'm collecting pictures from unrestored one's , i checked my picture collection for 72 Q-code engines "none of them have the decal" .

John
Thank you John. It looks like no decal is the right answer. You may be able to help with some other details from the unrestored 72 CJ car. Do you have any photos showing paint daubs and stripes on various axle and suspension parts? I'm trying to finish this car and get the details right. All help appreciated.

Chuck

All info appreciated,

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

John
Thank you John. It looks like no decal is the right answer. You may be able to help with some other details from the unrestored 72 CJ car. Do you have any photos showing paint daubs and stripes on various axle and suspension parts? I'm trying to finish this car and get the details right. All help appreciated.

Chuck
Hi Chuck ,

It's not easy to encode the paint daubs and markings , actually its one big Gues !!. , Ford didn't gave us the referencebook for these code's so no one knows for sure.

At this moment i am trying to find as much buildsheets from 71-73 as i can find, to build us 71-73 guys a database where we can find such code's.

Only reference that we have is some nice original cars with nice original buidsheets.

When you provide me a copy of your original buildheet , i can try to encode it.

And please "If you find original markings during restoration , photograph them for us to use for future reference".

I sure have some pictures with original and restored marking for different 71-73 Mustangs.

John

Hi Chuck,

John

Chuck
Hi Chuck ,

It's not easy to encode the paint daubs and markings , actually its one big Gues !!. , Ford didn't gave us the referencebook for these code's so no one knows for sure.

At this moment i am trying to find as much buildsheets from 71-73 as i can find, to build us 71-73 guys a database where we can find such code's.

Only reference that we have is some nice original cars with nice original buidsheets.

When you provide me a copy of your original buildheet , i can try to encode it.

And please "If you find original markings during restoration , photograph them for us to use for future reference".

I sure have some pictures with original and restored marking for different 71-73 Mustangs.

John
John, The build sheet is about 80% intact but is badly stained. I have captured most of the data with bright light and a magnifying glass. It doesn't scan very well at all. I do have the data line by line and, block number by block number that I could send to you in a PM or e-mail. I have some of the colors decoded but not all.

Thanks, Chuck

Back