1972 Q code Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
This seems like same as above.

This car is what happens when you go through a divorce. He had invested over $16,000 in the purchase of the car, NOS parts, stripping and painting and sealing inside of metal. Replacement of floor sections, trunk and tail light panel. The built engine was still on the assembly stand and came with the car. Had new MSD distributor and ignition system and three sets of valve covers. One is Ford cast aluminum. The paint code makes this one of 216. I will probably paint like the picture in this post. Original Gold Glow Metallic with the side stripes, NASA hood with black out. It came with 4 Magnum 500 wheels but they are 14" but the centers are the brushed look like the OEM were. Was able to purchase the car for a fraction of his investment. As usual you cannot get out what you put into one of these cars. Build them drive them and enjoy them they just don't make much money.

100_2286.JPG

Interesting car. Q code convertibles are cool. One of 330.

Thanks for posting the Marti.

The car in the pic is only similar in paint and probably chrome bumper and fender/hood trim. That car in the pic has MANY mods.

While I see a pic of a Magnum, you already know your car did not come with. It did come with the 14x7 wheels with the trim rings and caps. A good look in my opinion.

And your car would not have the side tape stripes. I had a neighbor with one very similar to yours. It looked great!

Ray

For sure on the black hood and stripes in my post I had said I would paint a flat hood for the purest if I sell and the NASA hood for looks. Stripes can come off with heat gun. Not going to ever go to a show again so this is for me not some judge. When I die it will have both hoods and when they sell it the new owner can pick which he wants. Not going to put the Appearance and Protection strip down the side either.

Back