Night sights for concealed carry..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
I am looking for a set if night sights for a glock-19 (compact 9mm). Not that the gun matters but so you understand the size.. Anyways, I am looking for a set of night sights for it. I am looking at a set of Trijicon as well as XS Big Dot sights.. I'm thinking a I would need something I can get on target quickly (5-25 feet) and that is visible in low light. Any suggestions? Anything I should stay away from?

I've played with both and just end up painting my front sight blade white with testor's model paint on my carry guns.

They are both quality companies and I preferred the XS Big dot-but I had cataract surgery years ago and pistol sights are not in my focal plane-I am no longer the go to guy for shooting the guy holding a hostage! lol

The optional factory Tritium sights were OK but I found that a different color front sight would be handy (for me at least). It would make it easer to make sure the front dot is the center dot in complete darkness.

DSCN6994.jpg

The optional factory Tritium sights were OK but I found that a different color front sight would be handy (for me at least). It would make it easer to make sure the front dot is the center dot in complete darkness.
Just how do you see your target in complete darkness??

Just how do you see your target in complete darkness??

If your tactics are good and with some luck, you and your weapon will be in darkness but the threat will have an adequate level of illumination for the task at hand.

We typically leave some specific low watt lights on in the house. I know were to be and where not to be if a sweep becomes necessary. Back light from outside can be important too.

I carry a flashlight but it is not on the entire time I leave the bedroom when something is being investigated at night. I'm with those who believe the flashlight is better at showing the intruder where the good guy is than allowing the good guy to find the bad guy.

My wifes Sig P220 has the Sig "nite sights" in the standard 3 dot. She likes them, I use the shot gun.... Im good at dry wall repair. She routinely practices low light "drills" to get her to her safe room.

I use the shot gun.... Im good at dry wall repair.
::beer::

The BOSS frowns on me using a shotgun in the house. I think she'd prefer that I get a few extra holes than a situation where I wounded one of her cats that might be in the crossfire.

Lol.. I was also checking out the Truglo tritium/fiber optics, but I've heard too many people complain about the fiber optics breaking or coming loose.

Lol.. I was also checking out the Truglo tritium/fiber optics, but I've heard too many people complain about the fiber optics breaking or coming loose.
The require light to work so are useless in darkness. The Trijicon's on my Baer Commander are fine.

I like my Trijicons. I also have a tlr list on the rail that can be turned on at the last moment. The light has a bright spot in the middle that coincidently is right where the shots go. It's kind of like a big red later except it's fantastically bright.

My method is to use the night sights in conjunction with flipping on the TLR light at the last moment to confirm the target and target's center of mass before really lighting them up.

Back