Rare 71 M-Code 4 speed convertible on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
The hood and all ram-air components are clearly aftermarket items, the front seats look out of place, and what's up with that horrible decal placement? Look at the front marker-light cut-out.

Wrong style Magnums also ( w/ trim rings!)

Could be a decent car, but needs some attention to "get it right".

The hood and all ram-air components are clearly aftermarket items, the front seats look out of place, and what's up with that horrible decal placement? Look at the front marker-light cut-out.

Wrong style Magnums also ( w/ trim rings!)

Could be a decent car, but needs some attention to "get it right".
Agreed - good catches. 73 Mach 1 decals on a 71 convertible... To me - it diminishes its exclusivity because of so many mods. And sadly that (usually) directly affects value.

Ray

Look at the quarter panels mudded into the door jambs - that scares me

Look at the mudded seams on the lower inside of the doors

Those look like the new DII one piece magnums

What's going on under the hood passenger's side near the hinge and just forward of the tower?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-convertible-/141662741671?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20fbc1e4a7&item=141662741671

M code 351 4V with no Marti listed so can only assume it is an original 4 speed car. I would love to know if it were actually a factory ram air car! One of only 176 convertibles in 71 with the 4v and 4 speed. I own one myself and have only seen one other listed for sale on the internet in the last 15 months.
I have one also - 71 M code with factory ram air but with a C6.

Wonder what the count is of M code 'verts with factory ram air?

We were going to sell it as it is very rough but managed to turn up the correct engine block from a previous owner. I contacted him because his name and signature was still on the title from many years back and I wanted to make sure everything was good.

We talked a bit and he said he still had the original block in the corner of his garage and if I paid the shipping I could have it. YEA!!!!

The car on Ebay is a pig - wonder what it will sell for?

- Paul

There is another M code 71 convertible here in central Oklahoma. It is an automatic. Car was originally black but the owner preferred the color be changed to red. He did a good job, but decided to mod it a bit. If I could afford to talk him out of it - WHICH I CAN'T - I'd be VERY tempted to put it back to the original color...

Ray

Back