My home was robbed today

My house was broken into today while I was at work. They kicked in my back french doors. My neighbor saw them in my driveway and they fled before they got too much or did too much damage. I have been dealing with the police, my insurance and someone to drill my safe all afternoon.

White SUV 4 black male late teens

Madison, Tennesee area

Flat screen Sharp Aquos TV

Sony PS3

3 Watches

25 -30 pounds of Black Powder

and I don't know what else until I can get into the safe. Thankfully it looks like they didn't get in and I had placed my watch collection and hopefully my silver coins in there a few weeks ago.

Car, motorcycles and tools were all left behind -though they dropped my torque wrench at least 5 feet onto a hardwood floor, I'm guessing recalibration will be necessary and they stole my Estwing hammer.

Thankfully, they took nothing of sentimental value or that can't be replaced. I hope the black powder is recovered without anyone besides the thieves being hurt-as to them . . . . meh

I am so thankful my neighbor came home before they drove off in my car and rode off on my motorcycles, or got into my gun safe.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that.

When i was in grade 8 my house was broken into 2 days in a row. On the second day I was walking into the house and my neighbour started yelling. As i was walking in, the lowlife was running out!

2nd time my house has been broken into. Last time was 20 years ago and they stole some very high end stereo speakers. I gave up owning high end stereo equip after that

Guess it is time to step up security a bit.

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Sorry to hear that Jeff!! I hope they catch those SOBs!!! Nothing worse than a thief. I feel for ya, pretty shitty feeling. Our place was broken into about 10 years ago. We have since upgraded and got a security system. Good luck dealing with the cops a d insurance. I hope the get the bad guys and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law!

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Hopefully they didn't get into the safe

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/ezgallery.php?action=myimages&u=3961]My Mach[/button] [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=3961]Check out My Garage[/button]

Sorry to hear about that Jeff, glad no one was hurt, could have gotten nasty if someone was home when they kicked in the door. Hopefully they were just travelling through and don't live in the area, if they do live in the area and saw something they didn't get a chance to take, they may be back. Check all windows and doors to insure they didn't arrange easy access for a second try. So until you get your security in place you may want to leave a radio or television on when you're not at home.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Dirty rat bastards...

My oldest son has a system called Simplisafe:

http://simplisafe.com/security#pcrid=1141322555&utm_content=1+Min+Install&utm_campaign=Bing+Branded%3A+Exact&utm_term=simplisafe&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_device=t

He really likes it, you can get as much or as little as you want, without dealing with jerks and weird contracts (which I have). As soon as my wife and I find a new home we're going to try it.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Jeff sorry to hear that. You'll get screwed more by the police and insurance than the thieves.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Winchester will replace the safe. The dial is completely destroyed. I've cleaned up everything I can for the night. The police were professional and came in force and actually took the time to dust for fingerprints. As to the insurance company. . . . They have always treated me well, I didn't lose enough to get worried about if they have an issue, and I am most familiar with the industry.

[sarcasm]Shocking....[/sarcasm]

that really sucks :(

xInfinity.

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.

My house was broken into today while I was at work. They kicked in my back french doors. My neighbor saw them in my driveway and they fled before they got too much or did too much damage. I have been dealing with the police, my insurance and someone to drill my safe all afternoon.

Madison, Tennesee area

Flat screen Sharp Aquos TV

Sony PS3

3 Watches

25 -30 pounds of Black Powder

and I don't know what else until I can get into the safe. Thankfully it looks like they didn't get in and I had placed my watch collection and hopefully my silver coins in there a few weeks ago.

Car, motorcycles and tools were all left behind -though they dropped my torque wrench at least 5 feet onto a hardwood floor, I'm guessing recalibration will be necessary and they stole my Estwing hammer.

Thankfully, they took nothing of sentimental value or that can't be replaced. I hope the black powder is recovered without anyone besides the thieves being hurt-as to them . . . . meh

I am so thankful my neighbor came home before they drove off in my car and rode off on my motorcycles, or got into my gun safe.

There are just a few things that would pizz me off more. I do hope it all settles well.

That sucks Jeff. sorry to hear about that. Fortunately they didn't get much.

-john

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than these low lives to just feel free to invade your home and steal from you, your possessions you've worked hard for. Been on the receiving end of this a couple of times myself, once as a kid and the only clothes I had left was what I was wearing, worse part was we knew exactly who it was (scumbag next door neighbours and the trash guy up the road, dad got revenge though, not a guy to mess with, lol) and the second time was no long after we moved into a place in the neighbourhood where I grew up (a dump, knew shouldn't have moved, but) and stole a ring that was passed down from each generation, if I found out who it was still to this day, I'd break them (that's being kind) as my dad has still hasn't really forgiven me, though he says he has. The feeling of coming home to finding that some scumbag has entered your place uninvited and feel free to take your stuff is something that does not sit well with me. I really hope your laws over there are better than here in Australia, as if they catch them here for the same thing, the court will let them off with a good behaviour bond, or if they're really unlucky they'll get community service. I hope that the insurance company ain't going to try and rob you too, and all goes well with them. Also a good thing you have good neighbours and managed to make this situation better than what it could've turned out to be.

Jeff,

that's a real dam shame. I've been broken into and robbed my self over the years a few times, so i know the feeling to the whole thing.

I hope you're fully compensated.

Greg.:@

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

That really sucks. I can't speak from experience, but I think I would feel violated if it were to happen to me. I hope they catch them but not until they mishandled the black powder.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

Sorry to hear that, Jeff.

Thieves and vandals, nothing I hate more.

If you want something, ask me, I might even give it to you on a good day but leave my belongings alone. I worked for those and I have them because I enjoy them.

I wish we could shoot someone who breaks into your house. Stupid European laws.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Sorry to hear that, Jeff... :s

At least you had the luck that they could not carry away too much...

But the stolen goods isn't often the worst that had happened - it is more the fact that they were in your apartment and hurt your privacy!

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Jeff, I hate to hear about your robbery there. I am glad to see you and your family are safe! When I see French doors in a house, my first thoughts are, "This has to be a vulnerability or weak link to home security." Are the plans to bolster that entrance area? Good luck in getting things back in order.

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

I wish we could shoot someone who breaks into your house. Stupid European laws.

Definitely shoot first ask questions later! Only problem is you still have to be home to catch 'em.

Sorry to hear about this Jeff. Hope it ends up as painless as possible. It's been over 35 years since I've been burglarized and I still can feel that empty helpless feeling. Mine was a high-end stereo equipment and a vintage '63 Birdland guitar. The only things I owned at the time and the last time I really played guitar. Very sad indeed.

JHawk

J-Hawk-1-1.jpg

JHawk's Garage

I did not sleep well last night. I'm down to one accessible gun and a single magazine of ammo. At lunch today I will pick up a spare box of hollow points and few replacement magazines. I would not want to defend myself and my home against 4 men with only 6 shots available. I'm really not happy being limited to one .45ACP, so it may be time for a new 12Ga since I can't access the ones in the safe

Door security will be improved. I'm not going to say exactly what precautions are being added, but rest assured there will be several upgrades and future thieves would be well advised to pass my house by next time.