Best modern oil

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof
With all the modern Oils what does everyone else use for our older engines? I figured for my 351C with 71,000 miles I'd use Valvoline..... just curious is there something better.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it does NOT say energy conserving on it you are fine. They have taken all the good stuff our old motors need to lubricate out if it says energy conserving, It is best for the newer roller motors. I use Castrol as well really good luck with the stuff.

With all the modern Oils what does everyone else use for our older engines? I figured for my 351C with 71,000 miles I'd use Valvoline..... just curious is there something better.
Valvoline VR1. If you are using a different valvoline oil designed for modern car engines you should use a ZDDP additive.

Whatevers on sale with a shot of Marvel Mystery Oil. Name brand oils though and not Walmart or Orielly kind. Usually Castrol is on the lower priced of the 4 brands I juggle between. Sorry, but with 8 vhicles and all needing service around the same time, gotta do it this way. My Motorcycle oils are @ $8 a qt. :( Always with the Marvel Mystery Oil though. Love this stuff just because. Not me but this guy sure knows how to party!

2myq5ci.jpg

Good question!

Bob is the Oil Guy has the answer and he's not trying to sell us anything...but it is everything you ever wanted to know about oil, oil change intervals, oil analysis from your oil change, oil bypass filters,

fuel/ oil additives, oil stability & shearing, etc.

Good info on his site. Here's the Link:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/

Good question!

Bob is the Oil Guy has the answer and he's not trying to sell us anything...but it is everything you ever wanted to know about oil, oil change intervals, oil analysis from your oil change, oil bypass filters,

fuel/ oil additives, oil stability & shearing, etc.

Good info on his site. Here's the Link:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/

Bob is also apparently a multi-millionare, as he uses his Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini, and Maybach cars as examples many times lol.

Bob is also apparently a multi-millionare, as he uses his Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini, and Maybach cars as examples many times lol.

Maybe he made his fortune in oil. Arrharhar.

If I were a multi-millionaire I think I'd run a forum too to keep me in touch with reality.

Back