Nice 1970 Mach 1 R code if you have the $$

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They want waaaaay to much for a color change car! It was changed inside & out.
Honestly for me, if it is done right and the attention to the details has been followed - and I like the color - it doesn't matter as much to me.

But the car needs to be a high level of restoration.

Ray

They want waaaaay to much for a color change car! It was changed inside & out.
Honestly for me, if it is done right and the attention to the details has been followed - and I like the color - it doesn't matter as much to me.

But the car needs to be a high level of restoration.

Ray
Actually my car is a color change car too. I was hesitant to buy it at first, but like you said Ray, it was done right & I really like the color. It's a very nice driver.

I just think that's a lot of money for that car - jmo :)

As nice as that car is, as well-presented as it is, and as good of a restomod as it is - no way would I pay that much for it.

We're it the original color - sure. The car came from the factory looking very different than it does here. But even keeping everything else stock, changing colors is considered "restomod" in my book. Changing from dog dishes to Magnums... "gray area" because you can easily change it back. Paint and interior colors? Not so much.

And now I gotta ask: what else got changed while they were at it?

Before I read the part about scratches and dings, I would've said, "not a penny over $30K." But... now I'm thinking more like $25K would be my limit.

Regardless of the color, I just want to admire the car. I love the 70's Mach 1, and one with the Cobra Jet 428 and the drag pack would be awesome to have. Now, if it came down to actually buying it, which I am not, then I think the color change definitely takes value away from being a 1 of 1 car. It takes away the uniqueness of this car.

I am looking for a R-code 70 model now. But, color change killed it for me. It would cost way to much to repaint and change all the interior back. That would put some where around 100,000 for a 50,000 dollar car.

Sure wish he would have kept it original. But that's just me.

Back