Austin Vert puts the Stang on US Indy.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi Folks,

This one's no big deal really, as this topic won't hold great interest to most Forum members. However -----------------------

Some members would be aware that i recently posted a thread on my newly purchased US Indy mag wheels for my '73 Mach 1. Although they look super dooper, something was missing for that finishing touch! Ahh yes, the old Mustang Logo. I did some investigating, and discovered that you can buy some nice center caps with the Mustang logo already on them.(C J Pony) Trouble is, they're expensive, and these center caps are a different size to the US Indy caps, and therefore would require drilling of new holes to attach them on the wheels. Darn it, i didn't want to deface the new mags. What to do.

By sheer chance, i stumbled upon these fantastic Scott Drake 67/68 dashboard emblems that are a perfect fit to go onto the US Indy center cap faces. They come with their own double sided tape on the back, so all you do is peel, place, and stick them on. They look fantastic, and i reckon they just finished the wheels off nicely. They are 36mm wide in diameter or 1.41732 inches.

I also decided to post this up because a Forum member was asking me about center caps and Mustang logos when i posted my mag wheel thread up recently. So if anyone decides to buy the US mags in the future, this is a great way to solve a problem and end up with a good result. BTW - THEY'RE NOT CHEAP, AT $24.00 per emblem. See my pics -

001.JPG010.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG

Many thanks,

Greg.:)

These are nowhere as nice as what you found, but if someone is looking for a cheaper solution:

Hub cap stickers

I did a similar thing to my '82 with the chrome modular rims after I got them installed. If they would've been Keystones, or American Racing, or something cool, that would've been fine. But, since they were 'no-names' (at least the center caps were), "center cap stickers from Pep-Boys it was." I think they were only $4.95 for a set of 4 back in '87.

Nice touch, Greg! I would be inclined to do the same if my center caps didn't already have the cool "Cragar S/S' textured logos. ;) :D

+1 for the indy mags! Great bang for your buck with those guys!

I really like the looks of the wheels. The caps really set them off. Nice choice.

Back