Timachone and luxstang meet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Finally yesterday I had the chance, honor and most of all pleasure to meet Timachone in person.

He came to buy the 73 bumper I advertised here from my friend and of course we arranged to get together.

So he came by, took a ride in the Mustang and checked out my guitars.

I had a gig last night and he came along and he suffered through all of it. :)

If you ever have a chance to meet this guy, be prepared to see a very fun guy who is very easy to get along with and whose humor makes time fly.

I really enjoyed the few hours and we are planning a weekend when Tim and his wife will come for a longer visit and spend the night at our home.

He and Mrs Luxstang got along very well, so she is also excited for the to come over.

Tim, thanks for everything. You're a great guy, bro. Too bad time goes so fast!

Here's Tim driving my Mustang. Looks like he enjoyed it. :)

image.jpg

Tim and the Mustang in my driveway.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

that was a great road-trip to Luxembourg - I enjoyed it very much!!!

Mike is one of the nicest and most humorous people I ever met!!! I was welcomed from his wife Carla and him as if we had known each other for years... If you will ever have a chance to meet him - do it! You won't regret! And Luxembourg is such a beautiful country - awesome!

His gig came in big steps last evening but he took the time to show me everything - from his walls of guitars to his Mustang. And his Mrs Luxstang - one of the most warm-hearted and happiest girls out there, oh yeah! We laughed a lot...

And he looks really the same alive as in pictures I have seen before - nothing scaring :D

I had the honor to drive his well-known Mustang and it was a great experience. It drives so well and it was my first ride this year I had with a Mustang so it comforts me over the long time without driving my own during my restauration process on mine. Mike - thank you - alone for that!

The time flew by - it was too bad time moves so quick... I could stay there for days and it would not be dull one minute!

Too bad we had do flip over his guitars so quick - he has a great collection of some really outstanding axes. Man -we have to inclose us in your cellar for days :D

His gig was great and I enjoyed it that much! He has some really good musicians side by side! I enjoyed his soulful play on his 1964 Stratocaster and his female singer who is outstanding! Headbanged with his wife, met some great people out there and so one - time flew even faster...

I will visit again soon - but then with my wife - I am looking forward for that yet!

Mike, thank you for the great evening and all the nice things you have done for me although you had your gig in view! I am sorry I forgot to give you the stoplight-switch I have removed from mine especially for you... :s

Take care and warm regards to your wife, my friend!

Here are some impressions from my trip:

Every corner a castle - this country is so beautiful...

M I K E !

Awesome car!

Guitarist's heaven...

Mike's having a blast!

Dang, who are those geezers on stage?!? :)

About that switch Tim mentioned: I need to tell you this.

My brake light switch died on me Friday. If I order a new one it will take about a week until I finally have it here, so I thought:"Hmm, Tim is coming over tomorrow, his Mustang is not on the road, so he has a perfectly good part sitting there doing nothing while I need it urgently...."

So I ask him if he can take his out of his car and bring it over, I´d order a new one for him and have it shipped to him as a replacement.

So, the poor guy crawls under the dash to retrieve the switch for me, comes over, we talk about the fact that he brought it, we talk about other Mustang stuff, I even say screw the defunct switch, you have to drive my car, let´s take it for a spin, I thought about the switch on the way to the gig venue (going in separate cars), I thought about it during our performance on stage......... aaaand Tim leaves at 1 am and forgets to give me the switch. Ok, to be fair, I also completely forgot to ask him for it.

It was only an hour later and Tim about 100 km away that I thought of it and sent him a text. :)

So, no Mustang for me for a week until I get the new switch. :)

The things that come with age, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that was a great story and meetup. Good job guys!

Ahem, Mike. I think you forgot something else other than the switch - for Tim's profile...a certain badge is missing.

Cool to meet up. Wow Mike, what a room, that's like paradise!

dsc_1182ujk8e.jpg

Hey Mike,

Karol & I are taking a Viking Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, Aug of 2016. Then 10 days worth making our own way to Barcelona and leaving from London. Though we may reverse that course.

Anywho Ya may have visitors. Then I can see how you did your Auto Overdrive tranny.

Corky

Hey Mike,

Karol & I are taking a Viking Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, Aug of 2016. Then 10 days worth making our own way to Barcelona and leaving from London. Though we may reverse that course.

Anywho Ya may have visitors. Then I can see how you did your Auto Overdrive tranny.

Corky
Lemme know. I'd love to see you.

Back