72 Convertible 429 CJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
Saw this on Facebook, Very interesting.

1972 Ford Mustang‬ Convertible. 1 of 42 - 429 Cobra Jet Convertibles made. 1 of 1 in Pastel Blue. Parked many years ago by the previous owner due to an engine noise that turned out to be a loose oil pump. This car is currently being revived and will be offered for sale shortly.

www.classicautoworx.com

View attachment 28006

View attachment 28007

They were only made in 1971 no 72 - 429's

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, just a typo and they correct the error when it comes time to sell. Otherwise, we might even see it for sale with Mach 1 stickers as well. :-/

It might be a misprint...that could be legitimate. If so, quite valuable.

Thanks for clearing that up, Amer! ::thumb::

Hafta keep an eye on this one. :D

Yeah - they must've fixed it. When the thread first came up, I went to it and it had originally said "1972." Cool. ::thumb::

Once again I am reminded that I'm just not looking hard enough for my "barn find". That will make a great car. Thanks for posting. Chuck

I hate ads that do not list a price or even a hint of what the asking price is. Restored this could be worth near six figures but with so few changing hands it is hard to peg a price. In it's current state I'd take a stab a guessing $30K but like anything - how many people want it, what will they pay and how much will it cost to restore and what will it sell for restored all have to be factored into what it might go for. Personally I'd take a 72 HO convertible (13 made) over this car but to each his own.

Back