NICE 72 convertible Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
Thanks guys for UN HOOKING my deal. I paid my airfare and called the guy to let him know I was wiring the money and the day I would be there! Only to learn one of you offered more money and the other recommended you do it KNOWING I had made the deal!

ENJOY!

Thanks guys for UN HOOKING my deal. I paid my airfare and called the guy to let him know I was wiring the money and the day I would be there! Only to learn one of you offered more money and the other recommended you do it KNOWING I had made the deal!

ENJOY!
OUCH :shrug2:

Thanks Q not the first time I've enjoyed a NICE FRIEND here wanting to jack me up for more cash.

I was polite to the seller but REALLY? I am sitting here with airfare to Miami and NOTHING to do with it. I'm SURE I can call them and explain and they will refund my MONEY tomorrow!

That totally sucks. I know you were looking forward to picking up that Sprint.

Thanks 4by .... the bank had me set up for the funds to guarantee to the seller (we agreed to that because I dont travel with cash) and I had Hertz lined up with a van and Uhaul set up with a trailer...ready to rock and roll for the weekend. Fortunately I'm only out the airfare.

That was going to be cool. my 67 and the 72 convertibles... :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup - you got hosed, all right. That sucks.

The crappy part of these kinds of things going on via the internet is always the other party in the deal. If the seller were an honorable person, they would've told others there was already a deal made and to stay tuned in the unlikely case that it fell through - but instead, their greed took over and you got screwed. People like that aren't worth the air they breathe, IMHO.

Maybe it's for the best - you never know if something else would've come up to sour the deal as you were standing right there handing over the money. It was probably a bigger POS that what the 10 year old pictures showed, anyway.

I know mine sure was... especially after I started taking it apart. ;)

Hopefully, you can get your airfare back, or credited toward another trip or something.

Shame on the seller for not keeping their word. Shame on our 71-3 brothers for stepping over you to get the deal done. None of which are worth our air.

I've seen it often... Karma's a bi*** and it'll come back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was a forum member - that would seriously suck. But I agree with Eric. The seller should have told any other interested parties that they already had a binding deal but if it falls through, they'd give these other parties an opportunity to purchase. Sounds a lot like the seller was fishing for even just a little more money. I like to fax a sales agreement to the seller and, pending MY review and approval of the vehicle within x many days, our contract is completely satisfied. For such an investment, I would also send $100 consideration to allow me these covenants. And if it was sold out from underneath this contract with the seller - I would sue them. I know it might not be nearly that simple but sadly we all need to protect ourselves.

Ray

Are you sure it was a forum member? If so, that really sucks. Sorry, I hope you get your airfare back, but that won't make up for getting your dream crushed.
thank you 73...no it was a non refund fare. YES he actually named the culprits by Name....oh did I mention he used their names???

yes they know who they are and I cant wait till they start bragging about the new acquisition.

For the record I had the car bought at 4500.00 and the guy was good with that, I told him my schedule the last two weeks and that it would be the holiday weekend coming up. One character promoted the buyer and a price he recommended of 6000.00 the buyer provided that price.

The seller was hinting that i could raise my price but the deal was done??? All you can do is laugh! PHEW out the window airfare!

how do you say thanks to a couple of COOL DUDES like that? :(

Wow...to have your legs knocked out from underneath like that and saying it "Sucks" is being nice. I agree the seller should have honored your deal first. Knowing that you had to arrange a flight, rent a truck and trailer, and get your finances so his greedy butt would have guaranteed money should bother him. Probably not...but like a buddy of mine from North Carolina told me when he had a deal stolen behind his back like yours. "Karma Baby, The Wind Don't Blow Up The Same Dog's A$$ All The Time"!

Sorry Dana to hear about you being being double crossed, firstly by the seller and secondly by someone on here that's low enough to go behind people's backs knowing a deal had been done. As far as I'm concerned the seller is the real Ahole in this deal for agreeing to to deal brokered between the two of you, then for him to renege on the deal as soon as some slimebag Ahole slimed in offering more money. As everyone has said, karma is a real bitch and I hope both of them big a big slap from her.

That really suck's rpmcarter! I think the seller is a real ahole & so is whoever "stole" the deal from you. I think they should also be banned for life from this site. We don't need those kind of people here! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
It all hinges on a deposit for the deal. If there was a deposit that the seller accepted for the deal, then the seller should not have sold the car out from underneath the buyer.

However, if no deposit was ever proffered, then there was no binding deal for either side.

Take your lumps, live and learn.

how do you say thanks to a couple of COOL DUDES like that? :(
I usually use my middle finger... but it's almost always either too late, or they simply just don't care anyway.

It all hinges on a deposit for the deal. If there was a deposit that the seller accepted for the deal, then the seller should not have sold the car out from underneath the buyer.

However, if no deposit was ever proffered, then there was no binding deal for either side.

Take your lumps, live and learn.
Legally, yes, but for someone who followed this transaction on our site and maybe used information to strike a deal for himself is just plain wrong. I have always believed, a handshake (even a virtual one) is good enough for me.

I have learned a lesson from this unfortunate turn of events. Do not tell anyone about a car for sale from a sleeze bag seller. Do not give out any information about the status of any pending deals. I am very sorry this deal went bad. I was asked by the seller to let people know about the car and that is what I did. I threw out some numbers but that means nothing - the car was evidently worth more to someone else and they scooped in to make an offer and a deal was made. Maybe the car will be a POS as I did not do a thorough inspection and I'll get blamed for that but new owner can bitch all they want. :p

One thing for sure, because you act in a respectable manor, never assume the "words" you hear are from a conscious heart. I've done business with a couple of guys here and MANY others. My money is green and its good. The dude told me he was cool with our agreement. He was AWARE of my schedule. I offered a deposit and he stated it was not necessary. We discussed my timeframe...he was okay with that as well, to the point he stated "take your time the deal is done". We discussed this weekend...he was okay with that. In fact his direct statement "No big deal "Dave" take your time (well I dont expect people to remember a weird name like mine). We'll see you when you get there.

As KIT said...gotta take your lumps .... I'll ADD even when you do the right thing. For the rest of you who stated correctly the seller is at fault and truely he is for not honoring our deal. HOWEVER, what kind of person knows you have a deal and unhooks it? This person ACTIVELY pursued getting the new buyer involved.... I find a TON of fault in that quite honestly. So allow me to disagree...had it not been for him and the buyer. I would be leaving in the morning, seeing the car by noon and loaded and probably rolling through Live Oak by this time tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back