I am sure some will like this

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I finally got time today to get her out from under the cover and install the shoes. I still have to install the progressive rate 1" lowering springs up front and roller perchs also. I will report back once I get some ride time on them on how they feel. All the research paid off and they fit real nice. Before and After pics

17x8 Ansen Sprints with 235/45R17 BFG Sport Comp 2's up front

17x9 Ansen Sprints with 275/40R17 BFG Sport Comp 2's out back

0323120814.jpg

0323120813.jpg

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

IMG_9563.JPG

OK - that's pretty dang cool! ::thumb::

Kind of reminds me of an old Hot Wheels car I had a long time ago. :cool:

On a side not I want to give a shout out to Calvert Racing. Many know exactly what I am talking about but in recent years, but some may not have noticed, many parts I have purchased for various vehicles have been been infected with a minimalist attitude. IE under engineered to the maximum. Using low grade steel or minimal thickness. So when it fails or you have problems with it the company just says well we engineered it for a stock vehicle not your modified blah blah blah. So they can basically avoid fault for their cheap ass design. I pulled the Cal-Tracs fully out of the box yesterday and took a good look at them and they are down right awesome. Thick steel, nice welds what I would expect from a anti-axle wrap setup.

I will also be installing the Doetsch Tech Adjustable Shocks and will post a review of them also. They are oil filled shocks which I am generally a bigger fan of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got time today to get her out from under the cover and install the shoes. I still have to install the progressive rate 1" lowering springs up front and roller perchs also. I will report back once I get some ride time on them on how they feel. All the research paid off and they fit real nice. Before and After pics

17x8 Ansen Sprints with 235/45R17 BFG Sport Comp 2's up front

17x9 Ansen Sprints with 275/40R17 BFG Sport Comp 2's out back

Did you get the front springs on yet? I’d like to install them on mine, but i’ve read that new lowering springs may end up lifting the front of the car due to the sagging of the old springs. Very curious to see how it turns out.

Back