Found out some interesting background on my Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Automatic, AM/8 Track, Bright Red.
I bought the car from a guy who turns out to be the son of Bill Gate's first secretary. She was Microsoft went to work for Gates when "he" was only 19 years old, she retired as his office manager. I know it doesn't increase it's value but it does make for an interesting conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool, Jim! She obviously had good taste!!

She wouldn't need to leave Bill's money. Trust me, she has enough of our own. I read an article about her once, and it was pretty amazing how much money she got the day Microsoft went public, and what she was worth when she left (at least I think she did around the time Bill did if I'm thinking of the same person that is being mentioned here).

There were a lot of instant millionaires in my old neighborhood in Washington when Microsoft stock went public and then subsequently went crazy for quite a while. It was good to see it happen, but I felt bad that I never spent more time programming and worked my way into a gig there. Grrrrr...

She wouldn't need to leave Bill's money. Trust me, she has enough of our own. I read an article about her once, and it was pretty amazing how much money she got the day Microsoft went public, and what she was worth when she left (at least I think she did around the time Bill did if I'm thinking of the same person that is being mentioned here).

There were a lot of instant millionaires in my old neighborhood in Washington when Microsoft stock went public and then subsequently went crazy for quite a while. It was good to see it happen, but I felt bad that I never spent more time programming and worked my way into a gig there. Grrrrr...
Yep, there were lots of people including receptionists, secretaries, etc that were overnight millionaires. I didn't find any money in it but I did find an old Microsoft parking pass when I removed the dash to repair it.

Sooo, do you sometimes need to turn it off and on again? :D
Rebooting seems to be the standard first step for any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back