Birthday Project Yesterday

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbcats

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Fastback 351C
Oh boy had I been looking forward to this! Got to work on the engine yesterday for my birthday. Installed an Edelbrock 2750 intake, Edelbrock 1406 carb, new valve covers, air cleaner and ignition coil. Had not planned on the coil, but when I was taking the old one off the top of it just crumbled to pieces. Still have to work on the throttle bracket alignment and maybe see if I can get a new kickdown cable kit to replace the rod because the alignment is not right. Going to try a chrome universal throttle bracket and see if that fixes the alignment for it.

17893730489_9050ac7166_o.jpg

17892498558_b6246df852_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a difference. I really like how it came out.

Don't pitch any of the old stuff. That lower connector for the air is something that a restorer might be interested in.

Looks awesome.

Yep it runs :)

Starts up much easier and I don't have to sit there and wait for it to warm up any more.

Thanks for the birthday wishes as well.

I used the same carb and no matter how hard I tried, the edelbrocks adapter for the throttle didn't work. So I bought a universal throttle cable and a C4 lockdown cable conversion from Lokar on summit racing. They both work great and look good too!

Back