Remembering the SeaBee innovators

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Met a SeaBee from the Viet Nam era the other day. He had a jeep in the SeaBee markings from the time he was in Nam and the trailer was from WW II, both fully restored. They looked awesome.

Thanks for the post and for the Seabees and all the veterans from all the armed forces thank you for your sacrifice and service to this great country. You are all hero's in my eyes. Happy Memorial day. Frank[/i]

My father was a Seabee in the big war and developed a motor that ran on its own energy for 3 months(before he went in the Navy) then someone shut it off and he never went back to the project.

my brother volunteered with the SeaBees for Viet Nam. He was rejected due to a leg injury suffered when a horse kicked him and the shoe point hit dead center of his tibia. Although it healed and he was listed as passing the physical... he was denied. Low and behold 3 weeks later he was DRAFTED to Ft. Campbell then to Ft. Hood and basically did the same work as the SeaBees at a lower grade pay OF COURSE. If it has wheels tracks or any other moving part and can be operated as a vechicle he can do it. Run an M60 or similar over there.

Back