Sound off if you have a Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
This thread is for all the Sprint Owners (US or Canadian) to sound off and maybe post a pic or two of your car.

Sprint Coupe....302...Automatic...blue vinyl top ( I finally ordered the Elite Marti report to see how rare my blue vinyl top is)

....side note...this will be my daughter's car when she starts driving, she turned 14 yesterday!

Sprint Sportsroof....351 Cleveland...Automatic (Doing an engine swap on this to a 429 because the 351 that was in there didn't belong to it)

Pictures coming soon on both.

24earer.jpg

This is her 302 before and after pictures. She wanted the lighter blue versus the darker blue and she wanted the bigger air cleaner ( not pictured)

6oingo.jpg

Underneath her car when we bought it and what it looks like now after some brake cleaner and a lot of scrubbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is for all the Sprint Owners (US or Canadian) to sound off and maybe post a pic or two of your car.

Did you forget about the 1973 1/2 Mexican Mach 1 Sprints????

And is this the place for all other Mexican Mustangs??? They are so unique I was hoping they could get their own section...

Ray

Did you forget about the 1973 1/2 Mexican Mach 1 Sprints????

And is this the place for all other Mexican Mustangs??? They are so unique I was hoping they could get their own section...

Ray

get-smart.jpg

"Missed it by that much!" "The Old (such-and-such) Trick"

No problem - Rich 1972GT-351 started a new thread for them.

Ray

Simther85a.JPGHere is the list of known sprint convertible owners.

The only catch is the list is 30 years old.

However, a few of these folks still own their car.

This is the list I got from Dick Smither and over the last 15 years I have tried to keep it up to date. At some point I'll provide an update on this forum as to where the cars are now and how many I have seen in person or have pictures of over the last 30 years. I used to own #283 and # 272.

One a side note - I have met three of the 1972 Cherry Blossom princesses in person and am friends with two more on Facebook.

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
M Newly acquired restored Sprint Sportsroof, 4B package (competition suspension and Magnum 500s), Q-code car (4-bbl 351C CJ). 1 of 298 Q-code sportsroofa. I bought it from the second owner.

M Newly acquired restored Sprint Sportsroof, 4B package (competition suspension and Magnum 500s), Q-code car (4-bbl 351C CJ). 1 of 298 Q-code sportsroofa. I bought it from the second owner.
Wade - neat car.  I have always liked the USA Sprints, especially the Q code ones!

You have any pics?

thx  Ray

just curious because everyone seems to call them sprints but weren't they actually Spirits, as in Olympic Spirit? That's what was on all the advertising I've ever seen.

My new Sprint at it's new home in Bradley IL

351C 2v Auto

Hi all,

New member that just picked up Sprint Sportsroof with 351C4V. Have been looking for one of these forever and finally have one!

Can anyone here help with me finding the Ertl 1:18 scale die cast? None on Ebay and I missed one in Canada a few weeks ago. Also, does anyone have any original factory press photos/kit for sale?

Thanks very much,

Jon

Hi all,

New member that just picked up Sprint Sportsroof with 351C4V. Have been looking for one of these forever and finally have one!

Can anyone here help with me finding the Ertl 1:18 scale die cast? None on Ebay and I missed one in Canada a few weeks ago. Also, does anyone have any original factory press photos/kit for sale?

Thanks very much,

Jon

Do you mean brochure?

I used to own a sprint convertible and regret very much selling it

Attachments

• 5044D3C1-9430-40BC-89B9-5969E909A4F8.jpeg
    5044D3C1-9430-40BC-89B9-5969E909A4F8.jpeg
    914.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 63C7D2DE-73D3-4511-BCDE-0E35ADD3FAE5.jpeg
    63C7D2DE-73D3-4511-BCDE-0E35ADD3FAE5.jpeg
    819.7 KB · Views: 4
I used to own a sprint convertible and regret very much selling it
I am a relatively new Fastback Sprint owner. I purchased this DSO Omaha car in 2015. It was the classical "barn-find". This Sprint had been sitting dis-assembled in a pole barn in eastern South Dakota after a front-end collision sometime in the 1980's. It was a basket case with a missing 351C/FMX power train. Since then, that body has been carefully restored and painted. I took receipt of it in 2020 and have been slowly gathering all the missing parts I need to re-assemble it. Here are pictures of how I found it and a recent picture of it being delivered from the paint shop. Wish me luck......

Attachments

• Sprint Mustang-Barn find.jpg
    Sprint Mustang-Barn find.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Sprint in Mich.JPG
    Sprint in Mich.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 9
I am a relatively new Fastback Sprint owner. I purchased this DSO Omaha car in 2015. It was the classical "barn-find". This Sprint had been sitting dis-assembled in a pole barn in eastern South Dakota after a front-end collision sometime in the 1980's. It was a basket case with a missing 351C/FMX power train. Since then, that body has been carefully restored and painted. I took receipt of it in 2020 and have been slowly gathering all the missing parts I need to re-assemble it. Here are pictures of how I found it and a recent picture of it being delivered from the paint shop. Wish me luck......
That was a big undertaking! It's looking good in your post-paint photo. You should start a thread in the "Individual Project Build Threads".

Back