Got a new rear end to play with.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Don't worry, I don't have a new girlfriend. :)

Today I picked up the new read end I had built for my car.

3.8:1 with True Trac locking diff. That ought to wake that car up a little and make quite the difference to the stock 3.0:1 that's in there.

image.jpg

That's interesting, just today I'm looking at switching over from a 3.0:1 to a 3.5 while the rear end is apart to repair leaks, I considered a 3.8. I haven't ordered the 3.5 parts, so what are the preferences of others, 3.5 verses 3.8?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running 373 from my stock 300. It made a HUGE difference in performance. I really like it around town and on short trips. But if your going on a several hour trip its a little steep. We drove to Carlisle last year and it was about 4 1/2 - 5 hours. Cruising at 60-65mph I was around 2900-3000 rpm. I would say you would love the steeper gear around town and if you are going with an OD tranny you would be fine. 350 gears will still have plenty of pep. And get little better highway rpm.

Lux you are going to love those 380 with the aod!

Playing with that rear end will definitely put a smile on your face :)
Yes, that usually has that effect on me. :D

I'll probably won't put it on until next week but I'm looking forward to it.

I gotta take the car for inspection tomorrow and I want to wait until that's done before I do anything on the car.

you posted this thread twice...

Ray
Thanks for taking care of it. I posted it on my phone and somehow it did not react immediately so I probably clicked the "post" button twice. :(

It was 1 am when I posted it. At that time of night I'm usually not worth much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back