heat shields

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
hi guys, have another question for you guru's i have a 1972 Q code. i also have two different heat shields. one is full length of the manifold with an addition insert on the manifold side. the other is approximately mid manifold in length. which is right for this 351cj ? thanks guys

hi guys, have another question for you guru's i have a 1972 Q code. i also have two different heat shields. one is full length of the manifold with an addition insert on the manifold side. the other is approximately mid manifold in length. which is right for this 351cj ? thanks guys
Here is a pic of what is correct for your car. Includes both the outer and inner heat shields. I believe the smaller outer heat shield you are referring to was used on the 71's.

b9c4zb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of what is correct for your car. Includes both the outer and inner heat shields. I believe the outer heat shield you are referring to was used on the 71's.

b9c4zb.jpg
thank you, i do have that one. how difficult is it to change the plugs?

Jeff this is the photo I was talking about. I need the piece for the 351 4V and the 2 smaller brackets or whatever there called.

John J
the two smaller brackets are the engine lift brackets
yeah I have those. It threw me off seeing the laying flat. thanks for the response.

John J

Back