First Post

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suitcase

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Mach 1
91 Lincoln Town Car
94 Ford Probe
99 Ford Taurus SE
07 Ford Taurus SEL
Just signed up today. Love the 'Ford Family' of products. Have owned 55, 56, 57 , 58, 59 and 66 and 67 Fords in the past. Most have been HiPo engines . I am thinking of buying a 65 Ford Falcon Sprint right now to rebuild......... a little older now and a bit afraid I won't be able to finish it before I get uninterested !! I am working a bit on my 72 'stang right now trying to get it to run properly. A bit of a challenge, to say the least. Motor runs great, but when you 'punch' it form a dead stop, carb seems to hesitate and then goes!! Don't need the 'hesitate' thing, but will discuss it later in another thread. I have been working on Ford engines most of my life, and although not high tech, can normally figure out most problems. Now it is even more excellent as we have forums like this to bounce off ideas of those who know the 'high tech stuff'!! Will help where I can and will surly be searching the brains of those of you who know as well. Thanks for allowing me to join you folks!:

Howdy from Sunny Phoenix. We're glad you found us!

Growing up (20 plus years ago) my friends dad was into falcons. So his kids were too. Ranchero, Sprint, etc. He had a 64 he managed to shoe horn a 351w into by shaving the exhaust manifolds. He also did some Shelby style over the wheel traction bars on it. He ran a big cfm 2bbl carb and just had fun beating the pants off of other cars. He would lift the hood and it looked like a completely stock 260, air cleaner with sticker, valve covers and all. He's one of the main reasons I love fords. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just signed up today. Love the 'Ford Family' of products. Have owned 55, 56, 57 , 58, 59 and 66 and 67 Fords in the past. Most have been HiPo engines . I am thinking of buying a 65 Ford Falcon Sprint right now to rebuild......... a little older now and a bit afraid I won't be able to finish it before I get uninterested !! I am working a bit on my 72 'stang right now trying to get it to run properly. A bit of a challenge, to say the least. Motor runs great, but when you 'punch' it form a dead stop, carb seems to hesitate and then goes!! Don't need the 'hesitate' thing, but will discuss it later in another thread. I have been working on Ford engines most of my life, and although not high tech, can normally figure out most problems. Now it is even more excellent as we have forums like this to bounce off ideas of those who know the 'high tech stuff'!! Will help where I can and will surly be searching the brains of those of you who know as well. Thanks for allowing me to join you folks!:
Welcome to the team from Detroit. This is a GREAT forum.

Back