New to me mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

york0060

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C 2v, Auto
Hello to all, I am a new member and glad to be here, My parents have had a 1971 1/2 Spring special mustang since 1973 and still have it. I have always liked the body styling of the 71-73's, I finally got one of my own. This is my 73 I just picked up last weekend, has been sitting since 1987 due to transmission problems ( would only work in reverse). I got it home, put a carb kit in, new fuel sending unit, got it running and checked the transmission fluid, added 4 quarts and drove it down the road. It was a little sluggish so i changed fluid, new filter and added some Lucas. Shifts and runs just fine now.

mach 1 dust.jpg

mach 1 dust 3.jpg

73-4.jpg

73-1.jpg

1973.jpg

1973-2.jpg

*Moderator note: I "inserted your attachments" into the post, for better visibility. Eric (Mister 4x4)

Welcome to the site.

Be sure to order a Marti report for your car if you are interested in how it was equipped when new.

Get the best one you can afford.

That is one of my favorite colors on a 73 Mach 1 - probably because a girlfriend had one with a fold down back seat...

Sounds like you are making great progress.

Ray

Welcome from West Texas! :cool:

Nice car! The wash job and new wheels really made a big difference! Can't wait to see more. ::thumb::

::welcome:: from Las Vegas!!

Back