Hi from Ontario Canada

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff717

Reaction score
My Car
1972 sprint fastback mustang
Hi guys. I just sold my 66 coupe a month ago and I always wanted to try out a 1971-1973 mustang. I found a 1972 sprint fastback car that has been in storage for years. I have many questions about the car. I am in the possess of getting it ready for safety I am replacing brake lines and wheel cylinders right now. Does anyone else have one of these sprint cars?

Here she is

Welcome from West Texas! :cool:

Nice car!! ::thumb:: And Yes - we have several Sprint owners on this site. The good thing is that aside from the Sprint-specific things (which are more of a matter of specific trim pieces than anything), just about everything going on with '71-'73s and/or your particular engine & transmission codes, is all pretty much standard (one size fits all) kind of information.

So, Ask Away - we're here for ya! :D

Thanks for the welcome

So my first question is about the brakes. I won't be going crazy with the car; it will be basically a daily driver on nice days. The car is stock with non-power four wheel drum brakes. I can't imagine stopping this car with non power brakes! How bad are they? I am doing the brakes now just to get it to pass safety. Am I going to have to upgrade the brakes? And if so would the $350 power break conversion kit that CJ pony sells be enough? My 66 had four wheel power drum and it was okay brakes for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your Sprint is in good condition . There are some non stock parts on your car like chrome front bumper , front and rear spoiler and Mach 1 rear trim panel. I have a 72 Sprint Sportsroof also.Good luck with it. Get the Marti report to learn factory options. There is a Sprint sub forum here too. Lots of Sprint info there. Good to have another Sprint owner here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the site fellow Sprint owner!

My car is a Sprint too, only now it is in deep disguise - the Mach 1 bumper and grille, a couple of paint chips with blue paint underneath, along with the HB trim code and a confirming Marti Report are the only visible clues of its original factory heritage.

lBHlAA9.jpg

That would b cool. Mine was ordered by a Canadian and was sold in Canada so I don't know why it was ordered with the USA flag lol

I got the basic martini report before I bought the car. It is a fairly basic car here is the report

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you at a show or cruise soon. If you are in southern Ontario, are you heading to Barrie to look for parts this weekend? Barrie Automotive Fleamarket is on!

Hi guys. I just sold my 66 coupe a month ago and I always wanted to try out a 1971-1973 mustang. I found a 1972 sprint fastback car that has been in storage for years. I have many questions about the car. I am in the possess of getting it ready for safety I am replacing brake lines and wheel cylinders right now. Does anyone else have one of these sprint cars?

Here she is

'Simply Awesome'. Mine not a Sprint, but a wanna-be Sprint.

Back