Hi from Ontario Canada

Cliff717

Hi guys. I just sold my 66 coupe a month ago and I always wanted to try out a 1971-1973 mustang. I found a 1972 sprint fastback car that has been in storage for years. I have many questions about the car. I am in the possess of getting it ready for safety I am replacing brake lines and wheel cylinders right now. Does anyone else have one of these sprint cars?

Here she is

75A9BA82-CE98-40C9-91DD-085886869618.jpg

696067F0-7B23-4949-99BA-934726BD0DC7.jpg

DD13E96B-7950-41BE-ACC2-2C84265077D8.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from West Texas! :cool:

Nice car!! ::thumb:: And Yes - we have several Sprint owners on this site. The good thing is that aside from the Sprint-specific things (which are more of a matter of specific trim pieces than anything), just about everything going on with '71-'73s and/or your particular engine & transmission codes, is all pretty much standard (one size fits all) kind of information.

So, Ask Away - we're here for ya! :D

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Thanks for the welcome

So my first question is about the brakes. I won't be going crazy with the car; it will be basically a daily driver on nice days. The car is stock with non-power four wheel drum brakes. I can't imagine stopping this car with non power brakes! How bad are they? I am doing the brakes now just to get it to pass safety. Am I going to have to upgrade the brakes? And if so would the $350 power break conversion kit that CJ pony sells be enough? My 66 had four wheel power drum and it was okay brakes for me

Welcome from TriCities WA. Nice car.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Looks like your Sprint is in good condition . There are some non stock parts on your car like chrome front bumper , front and rear spoiler and Mach 1 rear trim panel. I have a 72 Sprint Sportsroof also.Good luck with it. Get the Marti report to learn factory options. There is a Sprint sub forum here too. Lots of Sprint info there. Good to have another Sprint owner here

adpic.jpg

Welcome, from Brisbane , Australia.:)

Yes, i would be going with power front disc brakes myself to upgrade your old system. Well worth the money spent.

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Hi, welcome to the site fellow Sprint owner!

My car is a Sprint too, only now it is in deep disguise - the Mach 1 bumper and grille, a couple of paint chips with blue paint underneath, along with the HB trim code and a confirming Marti Report are the only visible clues of its original factory heritage.

lBHlAA9.jpg

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Nice looking Sprint. There are 1972 Canadian Sprints as well.

http://www.lovingcreek.com/sprint/CD/Index.htm

995673556_CanadianSprintrearquartersticker.jpg.c04cb1b238079d707ab601f6a85edeaa.jpg

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

That would b cool. Mine was ordered by a Canadian and was sold in Canada so I don't know why it was ordered with the USA flag lol

I got the basic martini report before I bought the car. It is a fairly basic car here is the report

4EBBE630-AA95-41C4-A792-F152868108A1.png

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you at a show or cruise soon. If you are in southern Ontario, are you heading to Barrie to look for parts this weekend? Barrie Automotive Fleamarket is on!

Hi guys. I just sold my 66 coupe a month ago and I always wanted to try out a 1971-1973 mustang. I found a 1972 sprint fastback car that has been in storage for years. I have many questions about the car. I am in the possess of getting it ready for safety I am replacing brake lines and wheel cylinders right now. Does anyone else have one of these sprint cars?

Here she is

75A9BA82-CE98-40C9-91DD-085886869618.jpg

696067F0-7B23-4949-99BA-934726BD0DC7.jpg

DD13E96B-7950-41BE-ACC2-2C84265077D8.jpg

'Simply Awesome'. Mine not a Sprint, but a wanna-be Sprint.
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

From one transplanted Maple Leafer to another, welcome to the site.

All the best in transforming your 72 Sprint into a real Sprinter.

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Welcome from Massachusetts. Nice find on that Sprint, it looks like a nice solid car and a great restoration project. Personally I'd lose the rear spoiler, but that's your decision. Nice car all the same.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

Welcome from Massachusetts. Nice find on that Sprint, it looks like a nice solid car and a great restoration project. Personally I'd lose the rear spoiler, but that's your decision. Nice car all the same.

Mine, not with the spoiler, but got it along with a whole 'Sanfords Garage' of parts someday to take over to the Columbus, OH parts event. Just had mine in a car show, overbooked for a town of only 8,000(Latrobe, PA)of 300 registrants,where they had to turn them away because of lack of space to park em, for blocks all around the event. Did not get a trophy but got an endorsement from Arnold Palmer's (PGA) wife. Said she liked the car so Arnie went over to help me in attempt to reinstall the convertible boot on its tracs.(the heat just started to make it peel off and still couldn't get it to stay on trac)
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Nice! That's a awesome experience. I am from just south of hamilton ontario. We had a huge car show in our town last weekend unfortunately the sprint was not ready to show :(.