1972 sprint

Cliff717

Thanks. She is going for custom dual 2.5 stainless exhaust tomorrow. The guy I have doing it has done my 63 thunderbird and my wife's 66 mustang; I trust he will do a good job on the sprint

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments guys.

So I had it appraised for the insurance last week and I am a bit supprized how low the appraisal is. Now I know it is not perfect but it is in very good condition. The appraisal was for 15k Canadian. So that's like 10.5k usd. R these things really that low? Should I look for another oppinion? I am used to working on 66 mustangs and my rust bucket 66 coupe appraised out at more than the sprint. Crazy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So just got the sprint back from the exhaust shop. 2.5 Ss front to back. Took her for a hour drive out to the cottage today. Ran great. I did blow out a top shock bushing. I did not think they would last too long they were pretty weather cracked when I reassembled the shocks. Oh well; small things like that are no problem for its post-makeover maiden voyage.

7D24D0A6-3C9E-4C46-858E-81E237D6E453.jpg

• 9 months later...

So time for a update in the car. I have been using it as my daily driver for the last month while the weather is good. I am in the midst of installing a killer sound system in it; this is a challenge because I do not want to cut or drill any holes in the car. So I think I found a solution. I am going to put all my sound system in the rear package tray area of the car. This of course will make for a extremely mono sound but at least it will be loud! Lol. I figured at least this way there will be no mess of amplifiers and wires in the back trunk. I will have two compact 10 inch pioneer subs in the trunk and that's it. I took a piece of half-inch plywood and wrapped it with carbon fiber and set for Rockford fosgate component speaker sets in it and mounted both my Alpine amp's once I get the board wired up I will be ready to drop it in

IMG_7837.jpg

Nice pic. I'm curious how the sound system turns out.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

So time for a update in the car. I have been using it as my daily driver for the last month while the weather is good. I am in the midst of installing a killer sound system in it; this is a challenge because I do not want to cut or drill any holes in the car.  So I think I found a solution. I am going to put all my sound system in the rear package tray area of the car. This of course will make for a extremely mono sound but at least it will be loud! Lol. I figured at least this way there will be no mess of amplifiers and wires in the back trunk. I will have two compact 10 inch pioneer subs in the trunk and that's it.   I took a piece of half-inch plywood and wrapped it with carbon fiber and set for Rockford fosgate component speaker sets in it  and mounted both my Alpine amp's  once I get the board wired up I will be ready to drop it in

IMG_7837.jpg

That looks awesome!  To distribute the sound, though, you can get a new package tray insert for less than $40 and toss in the rears (or barring that, use a half-sheet of masonite with some auto parts store carpet like I did).  As well, grab a set of Q-Logic kick panels and pop in a set of 'front speakers' there.  You can always put the stock pieces back in if you want to return it to normal. ;) ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I have little 4.5 speakers in the kick panels but 4 1/2 don't do much. I was really hoping I could get 6 1/2's up there but there is just no room and less I remove the parking brake. I would have loved to have put the 6 1/2 components in the rear seat side panels but I didn't want to cut them as they are white; and I don't think you can get white side panels. Maybe I could've got a set of black reproductions painted them white and put the speakers in? But hopefully this will work well

I have a quick question for you guys about sail panels and headliners. The material mine are made out of our like a fabric with holes punched in it. Like a very fine jersey material. Maybe they're made of vinyl but they are perforated. I was looking at getting some new ones from CJ pony and it looks like they are just white vinyl from the pictures with no perforations; is this correct? Has anyone purchased these to know if they have holes or not. The picture on the Internet is very poor

• 3 years later...
On 6/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, Cliff717 said:

Here is a neat picture I took at work a couple days ago my wife's new 2016 A 1970 and the 72 sprint all lined up

IMG_7810.jpg

Amazing,,,,,,,they always call these years "the big Mustang", but just look at how low the roofline is, and what a tank the new Mustang is, in comparison.