1971 Mustang convertible - ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - that's nice! ::thumb::

Hey, wasn't someone talking about wanting to see "all stock with white-wall tires" earlier? ;) :D

Were those sport caps available in 71?
Most definitely. I believe they first appeared in 1970 - there were even a handful of Boss 302s wearing 'em. I remember an article in Mustang Monthly a few years ago showing the car with the sport covers, talking about how rare it is, and how hard it's been to sell that particular car. WTF?! - It's a Boss 302 with hubcaps! Swap on some Magnum 500s if you don't like 'em. Geez. (Obviously, I don't have THAT kind of money, otherwise I would've bought it at such a deal)

mump-1203-001-1970-boss-302.jpg

Since I actually prefer them to the "dog dish" covers, I put them on mine briefly, as the Marti Report said something along the lines of "hubcaps" or "wheel covers" rather than Magnum 500s (which also suits me just fine - everybody has Magnum 500s)

That vert is a spiffy car - I can see why they're wanting so much for it. Whether it's worth that much or not - I don't know. But were I in the market with that kind of money available, I'd definitely make an offer and try my best to get it.

I like that vert. They may not get 19000.00 for it but I bet they get close to it. I don't know how many black ones where made in 71 but I bet you can count them on one hand.

John J

I don't have my book with me but you are right - they are rare. - And 71 was the only year it was available as a regular production color. Only way in 72 or 73 way was for it be specified as a special order paint car.

Beautiful color on a 71!

Ray

Back