check out the rag top!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice. The picture of the engine in the car doesn't match the engine out of the car.

The Paxton is a nice touch. I had a bracket for one and was going to go that route but then picked up the tripower.

However...

Ram Air and Paxton don't work together.

Paxton and 10.5 compression ratio really don't work together.

Perhaps this is why the Paxton doesn't have a belt on it?

I wonder what the car looked like in person seeing as each photo seems to show something contradicting to the others. )Hood paint, engine color)

Can someone school me on those tail lights? They remind me of shelby tail lights maybe this was a conversion. I was trying to read the description but it was hard with the spacing and colored letters.

It's nice. The picture of the engine in the car doesn't match the engine out of the car.

The Paxton is a nice touch. I had a bracket for one and was going to go that route but then picked up the tripower.

However...

Ram Air and Paxton don't work together.

Paxton and 10.5 compression ratio really don't work together.

Perhaps this is why the Paxton doesn't have a belt on it?
GREAT catch Wil e, this guy is stuff full of stuff like a Christmas turkey.....

I have the MARTY Report. It was originally a Demo car. It was originally ordered by the Sales Manager, later the Dealership Owner, in the San Jose California area, and then sold to his Niece."

And low and behold it is SPECIAL because it was used in TV commercials??? That makes it better? that makes it SPECIAL? Rare?

I have had a sheet metal overlay made to cover the original, and operating, tail lights, that uses the California Special style sequential tail lights, (L.E.D. for low profile). I'm sorry but can somebody help me understand what a "sheet metal overlay" is to protect the original body????????

this guy is funny as ALL get out. my guess is "he was told"?

is it JUST ME? or am I imagining that I heard the Boss 351 was an "R" code car back in 71 not an "M" code?

Last edited by a moderator:
He added some close ups of the air cleaner. It feeds the Paxton and then comes back to a blow through carb cover. Kind of clever but I still don't get the 10.5 compression even with a 3 to 7 lb blower. And, of course, the belt is missing from the blower. It is considered an essential item.

yeah, he is trying to sell it as both 'cool from the factory' and 'neat modified stuff'. It's interesting.

I wouldn't mind owning the car. I like the color combo.

I like it a lot. Really!

That sheet metal overlay is probably the same thing that Mustangproject sells.

Theirs is a fiberglass part that simply lays over the original tail light panel on 1964-68 cars and holds two LED tail lights.

I wish I had one for mine.

Here's a picture of one:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its like he is taking pictures of two different cars.....the hood is solid black in one picture and just painted like a NASA hood in another. Also shows Hockey Stick stripes on the side of some pictures but the one showing the interior shows the outside of the door and no stripe???

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It seems he used some older pictures for the interior shot.

In that pic the car has no side stripes, a plain black hood and no Shelby style quarter panel scoops.

I guess he bought the car that way and had the correct hood paint, stripes and scoops added later.

It could happen with pictures of my car too.

There are pics that show one aspect of my car but also the old standard grille or something like this. This is bound to happen with pictures of a car that changed its look several times over a certain period.

Maybe he thought he didn't have a better picture of the interior than the one he took before he got the other details done.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were looking to sell a car for big money, I would be using absolutely current pics (as in, take them especially for the sale). Using "old" pics is misrepresentation, IMHO - says to me you have something to hide (unless in a "then and now" kind of manner).

I can't get to ebay from work, so I'll have to check it out later when I got home. From the comments of others I've read so far, it sounds to me like one of those shady "Fast & Loud wannabe" kind of deals. :dodgy:

I agree with you, Eric, but you know that for some people good enough is more than enough.

If I put my car up for sale, I'd have new pics of everything. I did however post some pics here that showed one aspect I was asked about but showed the car in a different state in other areas than it is now.

Anyway, when its for a sales ad I agree on the "new pic policy".

Wow. Just as I expected: a "Fast & Loud wannabe" kind of a deal.

Looks like a fairly solid car, but boy did that guy lie his ass off in the description.

Hello, up for Auction is my Special 1971 Convertible Mustang. It is in Amazingly Great Condition, for its age. It has been stored for 38 years in a good environment in Northern California. I say Special, because it was used in T.V. commercials for FORD, and is pretty unique. I am pretty sure there is not another one like this one. I have the MARTY Report. It was originally a Demo car. It was originally ordered by the Sales Manager, later the Dealership Owner, in the San Jose California area, and then sold to his Niece. I am the second registered owner. This car has an almost ridiculous list of OPTIONS! Power Windows, 1st time for Mustangs in 1971, ever! The rare Deluxe RIM BLOW horn, TILT wheel, stock Magnum 500's with new GOODYEAR F60-15 PolyGlass tires. The full instrumentation group, with Tachometer, and in dash Super Charger Boost gauge, The Convenience Group, The Appearance Group, The Decor Group, The Protection Group, The Drag Pack Suspension, the heavy duty C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic Automatic transmission, functioning RAM AIR hood, tinted windows, SelectAire Air Conditioning, it's cold, (converted to the required R-134 gas), Interior Console, Power Front Disk Brakes, Power Steering, INTERMITTENT windshield wipers! Correct CIBIE Driving lights, and CIBIE Fog lights, with correct interior switches, The Stereo A.M. 8 track works, and comes with a 8 track tape. I am still finding things out on this car. The motor, transmission, and PAXTON Super Charger were rebuilt about 60 miles ago. I am looking to taking it to the American Graffiti Cruise, so maybe more miles soon. The motor was rebuilt to the Boss 351 Spec.s, with 10.5:1 compression, (with the exception of a Competition Full Roller Cam shaft and Stainless Steel Rocker arms, used as an alternative to the solid lifter cam. Oil break in additives are not what they used to be). The correct valve seats for modern fuel were installed as well. Now, the stock 2 1/4" exhaust was rusty, and it was replaced with 2 1/2" Stainless Steel pipes and the Magniflow pretty close to stock looking Stainless Steel Mufflers. The exhaust tips are not extensions, that is the size of the pipes up to the manifolds. The motor has the rare Ford Factory Aluminum intake manifold, and the correct Dual Point Distributor. ALL NUMBERS are MATCHING, on everything. The assembly paint markings are still visible on many components, Drive Shaft, throttle linkage, wheels, etc. This car is equipped with a factory Rev Limiter, which is usually found only on manual transmissions, and is fully operational. The convertible top was showing wear, and was replaced with the Heavy Duty Canvass type, typical to Mercedes and B.M.W. and with a Glass "Backlite" rear window. Power top. The rare and original, inflatable Compact Spare Tire, (never used), along with the air filler canister, are all included and in excellent condition. This car needs nothing, but to be shown, and enjoyed. OK, I do not like the look of the stock tail lights. I have had a sheet metal overlay made to cover the original, and operating, tail lights, that uses the California Special style sequential tail lights, (L.E.D. for low profile). It is easily removable for the stock look. I have also had installed the Shelby type roll bar. The original side interior covers come with the car, if the roll bar is removed. The interior is in excellent original condition, including original carpet and factory floor mats that came with the car. The lower drivers seat was re-stitched on a seam, and a new coat of correct interior color dye was applied to freshen it up. Looks like new. This car is fully documented, with a complete history. I have a notarized statement from the first owner, with the Build Sheet, and receipts. Don't let this one get away! You will not likely get another chance to aquire such an excellent example of an American Muscle car. This is one of the fastest, and rare, fully optioned, original Mustangs, ever. No accidents. Not rusted out. Not repainted.
Let's see - what's wrong here:

• MARTY report (can't even spell it right)
  • Shelby Roll Bar - add on non-factory accessory
  • Shelby tail light panel - add on non-factory accessory
  • Trunk spoiler - add on non-factory accessory (only optioned for Sportsroof cars)
  • Front spoiler - add on non-factory accessory (could've been dealer installed, though)
  • "correct" CIBIE driving lights
  • "correct" CIBIE fog lights
  • side scoops on the quarters
  • "rare" canvass (sp.) top (came with a white roof - this is simply a replacement)
  • rare "factory" aluminum intake (probably says "Edelbrock" somewhere)
  • "factory" rev limiter (hmmm - maybe, but doubtful)
  • in-dash Super Charger boost gauge (What the...)
  • "correct" interior switches... for CIBIE driving and fog lights?! (no such thing)
  • C6 "Tow Truck transmission" LOL!
  • "wasn't intended for US markets" (Bullsh!t)
  • "demo car." What exactly does that mean, anyway?
  • Boss 351, Supercharged... yeah, that's "correct," "original," or whatever :rolleyes:
  • "not repainted" (just except for the hood - should've done TuTone, but instead left if all black rather than copy the Boss 351 TuTone...)
  • "rare" space-saver tire & filler... did any 71-73 come with full-size spares?

Sorry for all the negativity... but I hate seeing this kind of misrepresentation. "Restomod" is what this is... why not just say that? Why is the supercharger not belted? If it doesn't work, it doesn't exist... so why should someone have to pay extra for it?

At least the trunk spoiler isn't on backward... and it doesn't have "Mach 1" stickers anywhere. ;)

Eric,

What's wrong with the Marti report? If this is indeed the car that goes with that report then it would have been an extremely rare and desirable car. Built for Ford Marketing with virtually every option available in 1971. Based on this, it may have been used for TV or photo shoots etc.

"MARTY" report. I guess you didn't see it (the misspelling, despite having the document right there). ;)

As well, having the Marti Report, there are things he added as being "factory" and "correct" that aren't on the report. Last I checked, if it's not on the Marti Report, it's not a "factory" installed option/accessory/etc. If that's the case and they're official Ford items, they might be a dealer-installed option/accessory/etc., but last I checked, CIBIE was not the official driving light of Ford (Marchal would've been more believable, but even then - it was a Shelby thing). Nor did Ford offer CIBIE fog lights with "correct" switches. Sport Lamps were only included from the factory with the Mach 1 style grille option, and they weren't made by CIBIE, nor did they have any kind of a "correct" switch (they came on with the headlights). If you look at the pictures, the CIBIE driving lights were made to fit into the standard grille, which is definitely not "factory" or "correct."

Sorry if I'm splitting hairs - I just really, really hate it when this is done in attempt to suck more money out of uneducated people in the market for a classic Mustang. When people go out of their way to make this stuff up, it shows they're uneducated about what they have, along with [more than likely] lazy, shady, and just wrong, IMHO.

And what, exactly, is a "Drag Pack Suspension?" :huh: This is almost the gift that keeps on giving - the more I look, the more I find wrong.

As I said before I started in on what I saw, it looks like it could be a solid car, but a restomod with some period-correct add-ons. I don't hate it - not in the least. I would buy it for the right price, in all honesty. I hope the buyer finds their way here and we can help them understand what they really have before they start rattling off all that nonsense at a car show and made to look the fool by an educated Mustang owner.

1971 M code convertible on Ebay

71fordls.JPG

This is the same car described, discussed, and debated in a previous thread, so I'm merging this with the other thread. ;)

Back