Which is worth more? D1ZX-9425-CA or D1ZX-9425-DA?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going through the same dilemma right now myself. I have the CA intake, but am missing the carb. I think to the purist, who's going to be willing to pay the most, they'll want the original, as built, carb and intake, over a dealer part. If you plan on driving and enjoying it, you'll want the square bore intake and a holley. Tough call. Depends on how far away from "original" you are now, and what your plans are for it.

I'd be tempted to ask the guys on the Boss 302 website - in the Boss 351 section.

There is another strong group with Boss 351 specific knowledge over there.

Please let us know what you learn.

THX

Ray

I'm going through the same dilemma right now myself. I have the CA intake, but am missing the carb. I think to the purist, who's going to be willing to pay the most, they'll want the original, as built, carb and intake, over a dealer part. If you plan on driving and enjoying it, you'll want the square bore intake and a holley. Tough call. Depends on how far away from "original" you are now, and what your plans are for it.
I have all the original parts except for the arms, shocks, and sways. The carb is a new repro carb that Pony Carburetors sold a while back and I purchased around 8 years ago.

The car has all Global West suspension, lowered, GW sways, Koni's, alum radiator and electric fans, 140a alternator, and K&N filter. All in the name of better performance and reliability. I've been careful to make sure the aftermarket parts look close to original as possible.

I guess I will use the CA manifold and an aftermarket carb then sell the DA manifold. Your are correct, it's a tough call. The DA manifold is becoming more popular and more difficult to find. Owners enjoy driving their non-concourse correct cars IMO.

I'd be tempted to ask the guys on the Boss 302 website - in the Boss 351 section.

There is another strong group with Boss 351 specific knowledge over there.

Please let us know what you learn.

THX

Ray
I will do that Ray, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back