72 mustang h pipe

SPAIN72MUSTANG

Can you put a h pipe on a 72 convertible,I have dual exhaust and wondering if it will fit under the car someone told me there no room it will drag on bottom,does anyone have a h pipe or x pipe on there mustang with problems thanks ron

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

Wow no one can answer this.....this site is not the same forum it once was for answers....

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

2008 ford edge copper

Definitely can as my Q code vert still had the original h pipe (it still had the original section from the exhaust manifolds to just past the h pipe) and have fitted one to my new system, no problems at all.

Was waiting for some one with a Drop Top to answer..but let me see if I can help shed a little light for you. My cars are Mach 1's and have the same chassis as your car but with yours having additional bracing and reinforcements. So I know things can get a little tight underneath these cars. The 71 convertible could be ordered with a 4v Cleveland or 429 CJ/SCJ. The 72 would be the same minus the 429 option. All these engine options would have come from Ford with dual exhaust and an "H" pipe. As long as your H pipe has the same configuration as the factory unit I don't see where you should have any fitment problems.

The only Mustangs I ever had ground clearance problems were equipped with after market headers.

Hope this helps!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

My 73 vert has custom H-pipe we made when we fabricated and installed the 2" dual exhaust. Biggest issue is to route it through the tunnel and above the convertible plate but anyone who has experience with exhaust systems can do this with no problems. X-pipe will work as well.

Thanks guys for the help I appreciate it I'm off to the shop to drop the car off to get it done .some shops give you bad advice that's why I came here if anyone new it be the 7173 family.thanks again for your time ron

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

2008 ford edge copper

Wow no one can answer this.....this site is not the same forum it once was for answers....

Hey Ron -

Please try and keep from posting stuff like that! Our members are good and have a lot to offer BUT your post was a little offensive. A lot of people work very hard (FOR FREE) to keep this forum as one of the very best on the 'net.

Like a slap in the face. Normally if someone slaps me in the face they don't end up nearly as appreciative as you are now. :dodgy:

Many of us are busy at different times. And some of us are contemplating the best response for your questions. So just remember to be a little more considerate with your posts and all will be good.

Now to your question:

Others have offered you great info already.

I know Scott Fuller sells complete and high quality reproduction exhaust system for the rare performance Mustangs of 1971; Boss 351 and 429 CJ/SCJ models. And the non-Mach 1 version of their big block product would be OK for a convertible. I know your car is a 351 C 2V but this template should be fine.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/page/page/4594567.htm

237741411_ScottFullerBoss351exhaust.thumb.JPG.3015f9bbf29265ba12b33ffc3460c4a1.JPG

I hope you find an exhaust shop that will make it work!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

My 72 convertible has an H pipe. It´s the standard 2 1/4 repro exhaust for Fastback and coupe for a 351C although mine has a 351 Windsor. It also has shorty headers.

As for the rest I agree with Ray....... :dodgy:

032.thumb.JPG.7830f3e569a85aa73b61e472f22a52ae.JPG

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Many of us are busy at different times.

Ray

And to add to it, different time zones, different countries, other side of the world...

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

For those of us in the US, the original post was made Friday night. The next post was mage at Saturday around noon.

For me, I was busy last night doing Friday night stuff with the family. Then all of this morning we took the boat out and was doing more family stuff. Just hit home and thought I'd check in and saw this. I would guess there are many US members who also had stuff going on during this time.

To answer your question, yes, an H-pipe will easily fit on 71-73 convertibles.

spacer.png

Thanks for the information.ron

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

2008 ford edge copper