Cool Desert Nights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, will try and make it up for the show and shine on the 29th, all depends if the car is back together by then. A leaking rear end pinion seal revealed other issues once tore down that needed to be replaced plus putting in 3.5 gears while it's open. Should be completed by then but I originally thought I would have had it done two weeks ago. I've heard Richland puts on a great event, including the night street dances.

Jim,

Did you mean Saturday the 27th? Hope you can make it up here as it would be nice to meet you. I am not sure if Wade (BOSS 351) will be here but I have 2 extra bedrooms if you and your wife would like to spend the night. This will be my first time at the Cool Desert Nights events so I am looking forward to attending it this year.

-john

Jim,

Did you mean Saturday the 27th? Hope you can make it up here as it would be nice to meet you. I am not sure if Wade (BOSS 351) will be here but I have 2 extra bedrooms if you and your wife would like to spend the night. This will be my first time at the Cool Desert Nights events so I am looking forward to attending it this year.

-john
Yep, meant Saturday 27th! It's very gracious of you to over a place to stay, I'll have to discuss with the wife, she belongs to a hiking club and has one planned for that Sunday morning, which means we would need to head back after the show on Saturday...unless I can talk her out of skipping that one. I should find out this week if the Mach is ready for the road, the last needed part (if the car gods are willing) comes in tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

-john
Yep, meant Saturday 27th! It's very gracious of you to over a place to stay, I'll have to discuss with the wife, she belongs to a hiking club and has one planned for that Sunday morning, which means we would need to head back after the show on Saturday...unless I can talk her out of skipping that one. I should find out this week if the Mach is ready for the road, the last needed part (if the car gods are willing) comes in tomorrow.
PM me if you decide to come. Should be a fun time.

Jim,

-john
John, the Mustang is ready but I see where they're now predicting in the 90's here in Olympia next weekend and 105 at you're location for Saturday and 110 on Sunday (WOW), the round trip is 500 miles with no air conditioner my wife would turn into a pissed off bob cat before 100 miles on the road. Looks like they should have called this year's meeting HOT desert nights. Sure sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, you'll have to take some pictures for us. Thanks for the invite but the trip in that heat in my car would make a good History channel series! They could call it "Hot and Loud"

John, the Mustang is ready but I see where they're now predicting in the 90's here in Olympia next weekend and 105 at you're location for Saturday and 110 on Sunday (WOW), the round trip is 500 miles with no air conditioner my wife would turn into a pissed off bob cat before 100 miles on the road. Looks like they should have called this year's meeting HOT desert nights. Sure sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, you'll have to take some pictures for us. Thanks for the invite but the trip in that heat in my car would make a good History channel series! They could call it "Hot and Loud"
Yeah Jim, I was just checking weather forecast and I saw how hot its going to be. Maybe you can make the one in Oct that will be held at a local winery. It is a show mainly for Mustangs and you get to wine taste at the same time.

Yeah Jim, I was just checking weather forecast and I saw how hot its going to be. Maybe you can make the one in Oct that will be held at a local winery. It is a show mainly for Mustangs and you get to wine taste at the same time.
We'll shot for a visit in Oct, the car show and doing a wine tasting tour of the area while we're there sounds perfect.

Don't blame you at all Jim, being that hot dout many are driving to it " from far away" trailer queens will be all over this year i think..lol ' nothing wrong with a trailer queen" totally understand not wanting to ruin your car for weather or what not. lol

Wine tours are getting big around here, i know some guys that are part owners in a local winery at the base of Horse heaven hills. Some good stuff to sample around here thou if you like wine ;)

Went to a small show n shine for the show today and it was 105*. Tomorrow its expected to hit 113*, beginning to have second thoughts now. The cars will be on asphalt and that will just radiate the heat and make it even hotter. I'll make a final decision in the morning.

Ya.. its pretty bad and deadly this time around for cool desert nights...I will post up some of my early morning pics..not all the cars have shown up at this point..but was nice to be able to get pics with out too many crowding around..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back