New member from Finland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsson

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang HT / 302 - 2V / Maroon Red with white vinyl roof / White vinyl interior
Hello from Northern Europe / Finland. New member here!

Just inherited my grandfathers 72 HT Mustang. This car has been in the family since it was new. My grandfather lived in the states for some time in the 70's working in roofing, and bought this car fresh off the lot. He livedin Mahopac NY, and this car was bought in Carmel NY. I have the original receipt, which can be seen below. When he moved back to Finland, the Mustang followed in a container.

The car is a 72 Mustang HT with a 302-2V V8 engine. It needs a new paintjob, and the rear brakes are giving up, but all in all it's in great shape.

t8k8l4.jpg

2mjm9s.jpg

6zttl0.jpg

rqys8m.jpg

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. A great looking example of an original car. I love hearing about a car that has stayed in the family. Chuck

Welcome! We have some of my wifes' relatives from Kristiinankaupunki here now. What area are you in?

Hello from Northern Europe / Finland. New member here!

Just inherited my grandfathers 72 HT Mustang. This car has been in the family since it was new. My grandfather lived in the states for some time in the 70's working in roofing, and bought this car fresh off the lot. He livedin Mahopac NY, and this car was bought in Carmel NY. I have the original receipt, which can be seen below. When he moved back to Finland, the Mustang followed in a container.

The car is a 72 Mustang HT with a 302-2V V8 engine. It needs a new paintjob, and the rear brakes are giving up, but all in all it's in great shape.

t8k8l4.jpg

2mjm9s.jpg

6zttl0.jpg

rqys8m.jpg
::welcome::::welcome::Nice lookin! Was married to this girl, mother's maiden name, Juntenin or Juntenen sp? 100% Finn. Grandad with a 1000 acre dairy farm just outside Duluth, MN in Carlton County, back in a day. Had a cat we named 'Mena' sp? to my knowledge in finnish language means, little sh!t. Welcome from 'ground zero' of this web site, Latrobe, PA. With only an 8,000 population had the biggest turnout of antique car registrants for local car show with just over 300 that took up blocks and blocks of parking places outside of the multiple parking lot. Did not get a trophy on my convertible but was so hot out, the convertible boot peeled off its trac whereby a local(PGA hero)saw the problem I was having with reinstalling it, he came to the rescue and attempted to help out but still could not get it back on trac(Arnold Palmer-with his local new car dealership for 'Cadillacs' was giving away a full detailing job, valued at over $150) Ps, A 12 year veteran in the resto-mod on mine and still a, 'work in progress'. LOL see my some 300 pics on my photo album or on most categories on the EZ Gallery. Mikke

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Your car appears to be very original. That in itself makes it a rare one these days. Glad to see you and your father have worked to keep it that way.

Good documentation and interesting to see where dealer added color-keyed racing mirrors. Not so sure what the restraint add (seat belts) might have been unless something required by New York State cars at the time? Original cars offer a great learning experience for all of us that enjoy that part of he hobby.

Using your pics and assuming Maroon as the original color - your car is just one of 362 of the 57,350 1972 hardtops (01 body type) with Maroon "2J" exterior with Standard bucket / White "AW" interior. Ref "Mustangs by the Numbers", by Kevin Marti. Check sticker on driver's side door for verification.

From your documentation, your car came with 'sport wheel covers'.

Here is a pic of that wheel cover:

sports wheel covers.jpg

Be sure and pin on our member map when you can.

Ray

Hello and welcome from France, nice car you have.

The paint makes her from the seventies, I wouldn't repaint the car and keep like that :)

I think you have the honor of being our first member from Finland. A hearty welcome to you.

It is rare for a Classic Mustang to have remained in the same family for its entire life. So, you have a real treasure on your hands. And it looks like it is an unrestored survivor too. That feature also makes it unique.

Congratulations and welcome again from sunny Florida.

Welcome! We have some of my wifes' relatives from Kristiinankaupunki here now. What area are you in?
I'm in Helsinki. The car was in Kokkola, western Finland until just a few weeks ago, when picked it up and brought it down to southern Finland.

::welcome::::welcome::Nice lookin! Was married to this girl, mother's maiden name, Juntenin or Juntenen sp? 100% Finn. Grandad with a 1000 acre dairy farm just outside Duluth, MN in Carlton County, back in a day. Had a cat we named 'Mena' sp? to my knowledge in finnish language means, little sh!t. Welcome from 'ground zero' of this web site, Latrobe, PA. With only an 8,000 population had the biggest turnout of antique car registrants for local car show with just over 300 that took up blocks and blocks of parking places outside of the multiple parking lot. Did not get a trophy on my convertible but was so hot out, the convertible boot peeled off its trac whereby a local(PGA hero)saw the problem I was having with reinstalling it, he came to the rescue and attempted to help out but still could not get it back on trac(Arnold Palmer-with his local new car dealership for 'Cadillacs' was giving away a full detailing job, valued at over $150) Ps, A 12 year veteran in the resto-mod on mine and still a, 'work in progress'. LOL see my some 300 pics on my photo album or on most categories on the EZ Gallery. Mikke
Probably Juntunen, fairly common Finnish last name.

Howdy from Phoenix. That looks like a nice original car. It must be a lot of fun to own something like that in Finland.
You could say it's fun, but a bottomless pit to throw all my money into. Also gas prices are insane, among the highest in Europe.

I'm in Helsinki. The car was in Kokkola, western Finland until just a few weeks ago, when picked it up and brought it down to southern Finland.

Probably Juntunen, fairly common Finnish last name.

Howdy from Phoenix. That looks like a nice original car. It must be a lot of fun to own something like that in Finland.
You could say it's fun, but a bottomless pit to throw all my money into. Also gas prices are insane, among the highest in Europe.
Around that area, her relatives of that name and others related somewheres to 500, that attended our wedding. To big a family for me to survive in. I just retranscribed an article @ interview of an SR-71 jet pilot. If you should like it, let me know. Mikke

Relatives just left Wednesday, should be back home by now. Unfortunately, the only time I spent in Helsinki was to change flights (to a little prop job for a flight to Vassa). Spent most of our time in the Kristinastadt (don't tell my mother in law I used the Swedish name!), Kaskinen and Narpes area.

There is a guy in the Narpes area that imports Barracudas, Chargers and Challengers. He had a couple Mustangs at one point, but mainly concentrates on the Chrysler products.

Had a great time in Finland, everyone was friendly (and patient), too much food and daylight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back