What do I have in mind?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I do it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Completed
1972 Mach 1 Future Project
1972 Mach 1 Doner Parts Car
1973 302 Current Project
Anyone know what these are? And don't say "decals" LOL! If you know what I'm up to, then should I do it? take the poll...yes or no

34ffq1e.jpg

vov6va.jpg

3451jwn.jpg

The canvas

fnsgvp.jpg

Tribute to Bud Moore and Vintage Trans Am Racing! The best racing circuit of all time!

Sounds like a great idea, but your car looks great as is! I voted "Leave it be!"

The roundels arrive in 7 days, so this poll will run for equally as long. I'll leave it up to yall to decide the look of this car :) I've got all the other sponsor decals itching to b put on, but something says I've already done enough sacreligious things to this car LOL! The 1970 haters must be turning in their graves LOL!

I agree with sm3570, DO IT!!! My son put some on his car and it does look good!! And I think you want too!!

I agree with Ken (whitesoc) - if they can be easily removed and won't damage the finish, enjoy!

I have seen a few neat license plate frames that honor the ole Trans Am series... maybe another option.

Ray

forget the poll just do it you know you want to hahahaha

lollerz
You know I do LOL! I wouldn't have gone through the problem of finding all these decals. Even found the Black and Red spoke wheel SCCA 4" roundels. But like others said, they're not static cling and will be permanent and possibly even damage the paint. I may put them on and spray another coat of clear :) License plate trims? I'll look into it.

Thanks for taking the poll gang! I'll listen to all and then make my decision. I was 80% going into this and now, to be honest, 50/50.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

DJ

forget the poll just do it you know you want to hahahaha

lollerz
You know I do LOL! I wouldn't have gone through the problem of finding all these decals. Even found the Black and Red spoke wheel SCCA 4" roundels. But like others said, they're not static cling and will be permanent and possibly even damage the paint. I may put them on and spray another coat of clear :) License plate trims? I'll look into it.

Thanks for taking the poll gang! I'll listen to all and then make my decision. I was 80% going into this and now, to be honest, 50/50.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

DJ
Why not get a blank magnetic decal and stick your decals onto them, cut them to size, and then you can add or remove them to your car as you choose.

No damage to paint!

Why not get a blank magnetic decal and stick your decals onto them, cut them to size, and then you can add or remove them to your car as you choose.

No damage to paint!
^^^^THIS^^^^ Best of both worlds!

^^^ +1.

Gorgeous car - I wouldn't [permanently] 'rice it up' with a bunch of stickers... no matter how cool or nostalgic they are. Magnetic backings would be the way to go. Plus, if you don't like the position of the stickers when you finally get them applied, you can always move them around for something more appealing.

Post pictures anyway though... I'm sure they'll be cool regardless.

I like the idea of a vintage Trans-Am look. Are you looking at replacing the tire/wheel combination with a more "authentic" combination? I like the idea of magnets for the decals. However that's too nice of a car to cut up.

Over dressed leave it be
I'm in Hawaii where they say we're always under dressed LOL! Go to parties and church in slippers/flip flops and shorts. Puka (hole) in the T-shirts too, so over dressed may be a good thing LOL!

I like the idea of a vintage Trans-Am look. Are you looking at replacing the tire/wheel combination with a more "authentic" combination? I like the idea of magnets for the decals. However that's too nice of a car to cut up.
I too like the idea of the magnetic cut outs, but heard stories of them flying off while going 30mph and also scratching the clear coat. Thanks! Will know for sure what I do in a few days. I thought about replacing the wheels, but nahhh, this is just a daily driver representing the Mustang that could've been. Main thing is it's still in the 70's era theme.

Aaaaaaloha,

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
D.J....If you were doing vintage racing I would say do it..Otherwise I think your going to ruin a very nice CLASSY & unique color combo street car..

Back