New '73 Convertable

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Towson85

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Gold convertable
Well...at least it's new to me. I recently purchased a 1973, Light Gold convertible with 35k original miles. The first car I learned to drive was my mom's 1972 Mustang Grande so this brings back memories. In fact, I have the original dealer invoice for the convertible and it was sold at the same dealership (Sherwood Ford, MD) as the 1972! What are the odds of that.

I'm having lots of fun with the car this summer but want to start doing some work on it. Not sure if I want to restore it to show condition or modify it to make it more fun as a regularly driven car.

Looking forward to getting advice from everyone.

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

Welcome from West Texas! I love the color combination - the '71 Mach 1 I fell in love with as a kid had pretty much the same colors (but Grabber Yellow, instead of Light Gold).

Sweet! ::thumb::

Welcome from a fellow 73 convert owner. I really like the look of your car. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. You will like this site a lot.

I would do some subtle upgrades to the engine area to improve the power a little. There are also some suspension modifications that can help drivability but not take away too much from the originality.

You might consider doing sub-frame connectors. Do a search.

Hi nice vert check the color if its med yellow gold ford only painted about 130 that color in 1973 on verts. its a neat color I have one that color enjoy it.

Ray

Back