How many of you have your Mustang insured as a classic?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexican

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang grande
And how much are you paying? Full coverage? Liability? How much coverage?

I have mine insured with State Farm as a classic, full coverage and insured for $15,000, , i pay $160 per year:)

We insure our Mach as a classic with Haggerty. I think we are $50K and we pay a little more than you are. The number of miles you drive per year has as much to do with the rate as the value you place on the car. In AZ having the classic insurance means we can register the car as a classic and then we don't have to go through emissions testing

My car is insured as a classic collector car with JC Taylor insurance. I have a "agreed value" policy so there will be no argument over the loss. I had to get a professional appraiser to come out and verify the cars matching numbers and quality.

It was about like getting a home appraised complete with lots of photos and comparison to cars like mine. I never want to use the insurance but I never want to worry about something catastrophic happening to my car either.

Very interesting, State farm also asked me for a bunch of pictures, including the interior and the motor, there is not much difference in premium from 15k and 25k but since i paid 5k for it i figured 15 is plenty, when i transfered it in to my name the title automatically came back as classic, and since there are no emmission checks here i don't have to worry about it:)

I have JC Taylor and pay around $300 for $45K agreed value. At first they wanted an appraisal, then they noticed the R in the serial number and said it was not necessary.

I am from Canada and have mine insured through Hagerty. I would describe my Mach 1 as being good from far but far from good. They wouldn't accept a value of less than 18000. I am at 210.00/year.

Liability insurance should be of primary concern since that's the one that can take your life savings and your home in a serious accident if you're at fault, or if you hit the "wrong" person. 50K in Comprehensive coverage can be dirt cheap if they only offer minimum liability coverage. Buyer beware.

I have Hegarty and it is insured for 50k. I pay much more than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine @ 35,000. For a 72 convertible. You must have a Boss 429 set up to have so much protection?

Recently changed form regular insurance with Allstate to classic car coverage with Haggerty. About $190 a year with value at $20K. Probably should raise the value some.

I have Haggerty and my 73 Mach 1 is insured for 25k. Just raised it from 20k a few months ago. My wife has had to do 2 claims on her 66 Restomod. Haggerty was great to work with, very smooth and no hassle either time.

Im with State farm but i think i will change to Haggerty, for what i hear and see around here they are the way to go

Back