How many of you have your Mustang insured as a classic?

Mexican

And how much are you paying? Full coverage? Liability? How much coverage?

I have mine insured with State Farm as a classic, full coverage and insured for $15,000, , i pay $160 per year:)

We insure our Mach as a classic with Haggerty. I think we are $50K and we pay a little more than you are. The number of miles you drive per year has as much to do with the rate as the value you place on the car. In AZ having the classic insurance means we can register the car as a classic and then we don't have to go through emissions testing

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/ezgallery.php?action=myimages&u=3961]My Mach[/button] [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=3961]Check out My Garage[/button]

My car is insured as a classic collector car with JC Taylor insurance. I have a "agreed value" policy so there will be no argument over the loss. I had to get a professional appraiser to come out and verify the cars matching numbers and quality.

It was about like getting a home appraised complete with lots of photos and comparison to cars like mine. I never want to use the insurance but I never want to worry about something catastrophic happening to my car either.

I have mine through Haggerty too. Planning on readjusting as I am not driving it as much as I thought.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Very interesting, State farm also asked me for a bunch of pictures, including the interior and the motor, there is not much difference in premium from 15k and 25k but since i paid 5k for it i figured 15 is plenty, when i transfered it in to my name the title automatically came back as classic, and since there are no emmission checks here i don't have to worry about it:)

I have state farm agreed value of 10K cost 500 yr

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

I have JC Taylor and pay around $300 for $45K agreed value. At first they wanted an appraisal, then they noticed the R in the serial number and said it was not necessary.

I have state farm agreed value of 10K cost 500 yr

Paul

A little high but maybe it's because it's in CA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

• 1 month later...

I am from Canada and have mine insured through Hagerty. I would describe my Mach 1 as being good from far but far from good. They wouldn't accept a value of less than 18000. I am at 210.00/year.

Liability insurance should be of primary concern since that's the one that can take your life savings and your home in a serious accident if you're at fault, or if you hit the "wrong" person. 50K in Comprehensive coverage can be dirt cheap if they only offer minimum liability coverage. Buyer beware.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

• 2 months later...

I have Hegarty and it is insured for 50k. I pay much more than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine @ 35,000. For a 72 convertible. You must have a Boss 429 set up to have so much protection?
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

I have my at 16,000 and this is my first year with Haggerty, paid $250 for the year told that it will go down the longer I stay with them.....imagine that insurance going down!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Recently changed form regular insurance with Allstate to classic car coverage with Haggerty. About $190 a year with value at $20K. Probably should raise the value some.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I have Haggerty and my 73 Mach 1 is insured for 25k. Just raised it from 20k a few months ago. My wife has had to do 2 claims on her 66 Restomod. Haggerty was great to work with, very smooth and no hassle either time.

It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen