El Paso August 24-25

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase.Heuer

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 2004 daily driver v6 and am now the proud owner of a 1973 coupe
I know that a few other members will be in El Paso, TX the 24th and 25th of August if anyone wants to plan a meet and greet. i know if i am not off doing training (i am in the army we do crazy stuff like extreme camping) i would love to meet up and get to know everyone.

do we know where we want to meet? i am not really familiar with El Paso. i know a few restaurants and i know where most of the pep boys are... I seem to visit pep boys a lot trying to get my 73 up and running. or we could meet on fort bliss as long as no one has a federal warrant and you have a drivers licence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to El Paso a few times and from what I saw I'd keep my car locked up tight and in my sight. Just from my impressions but I could be wrong so if you are from El Paso no offence intended.

I am stations here with the military and from what I've seen there are places that are scary for your Mustang to be and then there are places that are really really nice. Just like motor city, depends where you are in the city

So it's really close to the 24th... Any ideas where we want to get together?

I've never been there. Do you have the yelp app or foursquare app? I usually have good luck looking at the reviews to find a good burgers joint.

I'll be on base at the hospital both days with work. I can pick you up if you like and we can figure it out from there. I'll ask the locals that i'll be with for recommendations. Looks like it's only you and me so far.

I'll be going out of town on the 25th but let me know what you guys plan for the 24th, hopefully I can meet up for a bit as well

Great. We can get together on the 24th then.
I had lunch today by the airport and spotted this '73 Mach outside a nearby hotel. Does it belong to a member anybody know?

2015-08-23 17.24.16.jpg

Wish I saw this thread earlier. Was born and raised in El Paso. I'm stationed out in California now but visit quite often and there's even a chance life might take me back there this summer permanently. I have a '72 coupe that will be up and running by the time I get there and wouldn't mind meeting up with folks in EP when I visit again.

As a native El Pasoan, there's quite a few places I'd recommend to meet with the best food in town. L&J's, Kiki's, and Rosco's are local hidden gems. If you're looking for an awesome cruise route with the Mustang that has great views, long straights for opening up the throttle and nice turns and occasional wineries to stop at, take highway 28 from west El Paso up to Old Mesilla (about 45 minutes one way).

Back