Just Completed the Drum to Disc Conversion on the Rear of my 73!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason,

Wow, Nice setup here. I hope your next video will include the balancing of the hydraulic system. It looks like one could use the same proportioning valve as long as it is balanced. Also, the kit is not such a budget buster either.

mustang7173 :goodpost:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jason,

Thanks for posting another fantastic Video for the disc brake upgrade.:goodpost::wavemulticolor:

Greg.:)
Thanks so much for taking a minute and checking it out. These last few sections have been pretty fun to work on!

Jason,

Wow, Nice setup here. I hope your next video will include the balancing of the hydraulic system. It looks like one could use the same proportioning valve as long as it is balanced. Also, the kit is not such a budget buster either.

mustang7173 :goodpost:
I did get a new master cylinder and proportioning valve for this kit. My big dilemma right now is what pedal to use. One option is to go with a stock style but I'm debating on figuring out how to hang a Wilwood clutch and brake pedal in the car somehow...which is a whole other can of worms.

Thanks so much for taking a minute and yeah I thought this kit was one of the few things that seemed very reasonable, cost wise, for the upgrade.

Have a good one!

Nice video, thank you. I'm planning on changing to Wilwood 2pc rotors as soon as the wallet allows. I felt a difference in ride with the lower sprung:rotational weight.

Wanna sell your old e brake hardware?
Sure, how about for a price of however a box and shipping costs?

Message me your info and we'll get started!

I love these kind of videos. Thanks so much. I hope to do this conversion on all four one day. Still intimidating at the moment.
It's really not a difficult upgrade to complete...you just need your "A" game to make sure you do everything correctly because it is so important to safety.

So just make a plan and go for it!

Nice video, thank you. I'm planning on changing to Wilwood 2pc rotors as soon as the wallet allows. I felt a difference in ride with the lower sprung:rotational weight.
Yes, it is a very real amount of $$'s to spend but it was worth taking the time it took to sell a bunch of other things I didn't need and banking for this upgrade.

I'm still trying to figure out the rest of this thing and my wallet is terrified!

Now if only I had the money to buy that total control suspension, the wildwood brakes, and some sweet new wheels to let you see them, I would be happy!
Well, I'll be sending good thoughts your way!!!

Really great video.. I can't wait to see what measurement you come up with for your wheels. I'm going with a 19"X11" wheel in rear and got the backspace measured to 5,5" :)
Thanks!

That is pretty close to what I measured but after really looking at it...I decided to go another direction...lol

https://instagram.com/p/4c8c0GLiYD/?taken-by=a_jasonlewis

Seriously, it seemed to fit but after looking up the specs for the 315/35/r17 tire to fit that rim, which has a 12.5" section width and considering that I'm building this car to absolutely hammer on it...that tire size would fit (barely) but leave me no wiggle room for body roll or full bump during a side loaded drift.

SO, I'm going with a 10" rim with a 1" positive offset...the 285/40/r17 tires measure 11.5" section widths and fit with lots of room for deflection and hot dogging!

I'll get a video showing the mock up tire soon.

Did you tub or flare your cars fenders?

Back